The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I have to say I am amazed!

wolverine

I am amazed at how little discussion there is on the new items for the MFT announcements. Especially lenses. I find them to be good enough to seriously consider mft as a legitimate contender as a primary system. I get the sensor size, but the announcements have to be exciting. The price, size, performance equation is really working. Do you not agree? Frank

pophoto

I'm already on the MFT bandwagon as others, they already have a good selection of lenses already released, nothing too exciting that hasn't already been said. It is nice to see further releases from Schneider and Zeiss. Although ultimately, it won't be exciting until the next generations of cameras come around, hoping for further sensor improvements, the EM5 being the most fun of recent times, oh I must repeat, that hand grip is really nice!

APS-C sensor have the most development in terms of cameras and lenses. I guess most of the excitement is there, I'm talking about best balance of size, weight and costs here as the alternative to MFT. Larger sensors will always gather more spotlight and there's the major brands!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In my case, there's little to discuss. I'm still looking in the direction of the Canon 6D, but if the Panasonic 42.5mm f/1.2 is good, I can't see any reason to keep any gear between m4/3 and MF.

Tesselator

In my case I've been adapting really awesome MF lenses since the get-go so all these new µ4/3 native ones aren't anything special - only 3 to 10 times the price and with AF which I don't use.

Pretty much only the two Voigtlanders are made worth a damn. The rest of them are plastic junkers I seriously doubt will still be working at my death and I'm pretty old. The MF lenses OTOH will likely still be in the same condition when my grandchildren are my age. This is not even mentioning what a pleasure it is to use a smoothly operating well constructed lens - as opposed to almost any of the µ4/3 ones.

So mostly I see the specs on one of these "good" µ4/3 lenses cropping up recently and just kinda go: Well I already have better and at $50 instead of $500 plus the $500 one is plastic with motors in it. LOL Yuck!

I suppose if I didn't know about MF glass or was too scared to manually focus I'd be pretty excited tho. As it is however, I feel like the new models are barely coming up to meet snuff. Gimme more MF glass please! :)