The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M4/3 to Leica

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Like you Cindy, I'm shaking with excitement (and unfortunately this little camera doesn't have image stabilisation). Still, watch your summarex carefully; one day, you'll look in your camera cupboard, and there will be a little note "jono has stolen your summarex"
:talk028: Fat chance!

N

nei1

Now this wet colloidon thing sounds pretty nifty............does it come with a hair shirt?

Terry

Just remember i do take leftovers. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
I'll have to do a before and after inventory when I let you play with my G1. :p
I ordered the 4/3 adapter but I did paypal which means it is headed to NY and I don't think I can have it in AZ for the weekend.

Brian Mosley

Like you Cindy, I'm shaking with excitement
Jono, I guess you could say that ELVIS has got us all shook up! :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Now that you've ordered your G1, I'm sure Olympus will announce their image stabilised m4/3rds body round about now :rolleyes:

Brian

jonoslack

Jono, I guess you could say that ELVIS has got us all shook up! :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
Deary me . . . and at this time of the morning too!:rolleyes:

Now that you've ordered your G1, I'm sure Olympus will announce their image stabilised m4/3rds body round about now :rolleyes:

Brian
I'm losing my touch Brian. I bought the A900 back at the end of September, and Nikon still haven't announced their high res body.

You may be right, but I was actually hoping that the Olympus body with a small prime would be my prize for not having bought the LX3. So, when I crack and get that or a d-lux 4, THAT'S when you should expect the Olympus announcement!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'll have to do a before and after inventory when I let you play with my G1. :p
I ordered the 4/3 adapter but I did paypal which means it is headed to NY and I don't think I can have it in AZ for the weekend.
Yes better mark all your gear. LOL

Tell Gandy to send the adapter here

V

Vivek

The camera body side of the adapter still does not lock tightly. Here is a shot using the Canon 50/0.95. ISO100, 1/640s, the lens was stopped down ;) to f/1.4.

There CA (background, blown windows). But that has to do with the harsh background light and my not yet refined adapter.

V

Vivek

OK, these are more in line with the lens I know. All shot wide open (50/0.95)

I am only sticking to this lens now (well, it is more fun than anything else) to get used to using it.

BTW, none of the subjects were aware that I was photographing them.

scho

OK, these are more in line with the lens I know. All shot wide open (50/0.95)
I am only sticking to this lens now (well, it is more fun than anything else) to get used to using it.

BTW, none of the subjects were aware that I was photographing them.
Nice work Vivek. How did you manage to keep the walkers in focus at f/0.95? Did you use the EVF or LCD?

Carl

V

Vivek

Hi Cindy, There were specific purposes for which I bought this cam. This (to use the 50/0.95) is one of them. You will get your adapter soon. :) Thanks.

Carl, Thanks. I used the LCD (TFT isn't it?) screen for all the three (or 4 shots).
The first one was probably more difficult as that woman was sitting opposite to me in a Bus (~1.2meters). Using the liveview for focusing is like using a TLR (waist level, no "hipshots" anymore! :)) only, here the image shows up properly! :clap: If I continue to use this combo for a few more days, it will get better.
Basically you develop a feel for it.

jonoslack

Vivek,
You are killing us!!!! You are making our wait hard.:ROTFL:
Excellent.
Count yourself lucky . . . I haven't even got the camera yet! (hopefully tomorrow). Have you ordered an M adaptor . . . and if so, where from?

Vivek - great stuff - I'm looking forwards to trying it with a 75 'cron.

jonoslack

Let me these for a good measure..;)

Canon 50/0.95 @ 0.95, closest focus (1m)

Same as above plus a Canon 500D on the lens (something that can not be done easily with a rangefinder camera).

Jono, The 75 Summicron should be good. Something similar to this:
(http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/7/8/4/_1000291s.jpg). :)
Hi Vivek
What's blaue kristalle? and should you be taking pictures of it . . . and is it a worthy stand for the wonderful CV15 heliar?

I also have big hopes for it with the lovely zeiss sonnar f1.5.

I just emailed Stephen Gandy about the adaptor, and he sent an answer back in about 3 minutes . . . Late Dec, early January. I hope he does well with them.

V

Vivek

Hi Jono, Look again. Perhaps the blue crystals (Kid's stuff. Early introduction to Chemistry. :D) dazzled you. No, it is a proper M lens. no CV heliar.

At least this time I included something else other than a lens in the frame!:ROTFL:

Yeah, only one source and Gandy is the supplier.

jonoslack

Hi Jono, Look again. Perhaps the blue crystals (Kid's stuff. Early introduction to Chemistry. :D) dazzled you. No, it is a proper M lens. no CV heliar.
Red Dot . . . slack's a pratt (not thinking again).
Which lens is it? Seems to be F2 . . . . Now you're going to tell me it's a lens I already have!

At least this time I included something else other than a lens in the frame!:ROTFL:

Yeah, only one source and Gandy is the supplier.
We all wait with baited breathe then!

And Bertie - thanks for chipping in, what's it for? putting on your vines?