The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M4/3 to Leica

jonoslack

On the 75 'cron. No definite figures. I would just say, that it would be "comfortable". :)
:mad: I thought you were a biochemist Vivek, not a bloody politician
:ROTFL:
comfortable indeed!

Terry - glad you got one too - seems you got the good deal. Are you still waiting for Stephen Gandy's adaptor, or do you have other plans?

How is your chaos going on? Ours is great - now we have the office . . with telephones, but no desks, and no internet:bugeyes::angry::lecture::clap::LOL:

V

Vivek

Ha! Don't know what is worse (bio- or poli..)!

I am a plain Chemist with hyphenations along the way (materials-, nano-).

I am envious of Terry's current aboard. Though I stayed there only for a very short time (and did not even get any free time to wander around or even take snaps), it is a lovely, lovely area.

Terry

:mad: I thought you were a biochemist Vivek, not a bloody politician
:ROTFL:
comfortable indeed!

Terry - glad you got one too - seems you got the good deal. Are you still waiting for Stephen Gandy's adaptor, or do you have other plans?

How is your chaos going on? Ours is great - now we have the office . . with telephones, but no desks, and no internet:bugeyes::angry::lecture::clap::LOL:
Jono - the chaos is getting better. First I haven't been on an airplane for a couple of weeks so I can get in a routine. Next, I have my car which makes life much easier. Seriously, I'm actually moving into my new apartment on Thursday. So, next weekend I will have a home. Think about starting a new apartment from scratch, dishes, sheets, towels everything. However, first with the help of Jack, I got my technology squared away (MBP + 30" cinema display +drobo). Next up the TV's believe it or not best deal (by a significant $ amount) I ordered from B&H in NY. The temporary apartment is now full of stuff that I need to load into the car and get moved but nice to know I'm on the downslope....Next up tackle getting sleep and not waking up at 4M everyday.:grin:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Been fighting that one since the beginning of time. If i actually slept just imagine how more dangerous i would be. Today is a record though made it to 6:30 must of been in a coma.

jonoslack

Vivek
I'm terribly sorry to stick you in a bio bucket (I was a microbiologist of sorts, so I like to give everyone a bio-tag . . hmmm polibiotition)

Terry - of course, your chaos is much more chaotic than mine - I'm glad it's slowly getting sorted out.

As for sleep. . . . . I'm an expert, I can sleep anywhere, anytime, for as long as is available, the problem is waking up!

M

marknorton

I bought a G1 yesterday, ex display, for around £390 including the kit lens. A lot of camera for the money and I'm excited about the possibility of using it with M lenses, in particular the ability of the camera to sense actual focus instead of relying on both the camera and the lens being correctly adjusted as on an M camera.

Wide angle is going to be a challenge but the 21mm Elmarit, WATE and CV 12/15 are interesting, as is the Zeiss 18mm/4.

jlm

Workshop Member
Mark:

the camera is a cutie. wait until you get a focusable 12mm CV on it! my LTM-G1 adapters will start to ship next week, then in another week or so the M-G1. I am just now milling the female M bayonet portion for the M-G1 prototype

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I bought a G1 yesterday, ex display, for around £390 including the kit lens. A lot of camera for the money and I'm excited about the possibility of using it with M lenses, in particular the ability of the camera to sense actual focus instead of relying on both the camera and the lens being correctly adjusted as on an M camera.

Wide angle is going to be a challenge but the 21mm Elmarit, WATE and CV 12/15 are interesting, as is the Zeiss 18mm/4.
About time what took so long. LOL

Glad to see you here. Have fun

scott kirkpatrick

Slightly off topic, but when are the 4/3 to M4/3 lens adapters available. Olympus has two pretty awesome zooms (7-14 and 11-22) that cover wide angles for the 4/3 series, and a nifty little 25/2.8 pancake lens that will go well with this format. (and they AF.)

scott

scho

Mark:

the camera is a cutie. wait until you get a focusable 12mm CV on it! my LTM-G1 adapters will start to ship next week, then in another week or so the M-G1. I am just now milling the female M bayonet portion for the M-G1 prototype
Sounds good John. Please post a shot taken with the 12mm on the G1 when you get a chance.

jonoslack

Slightly off topic, but when are the 4/3 to M4/3 lens adapters available. Olympus has two pretty awesome zooms (7-14 and 11-22) that cover wide angles for the 4/3 series, and a nifty little 25/2.8 pancake lens that will go well with this format. (and they AF.)

scott
Hi Scott
Vivek has it with the link - I bought mine from this guy, and he was fast and efficient.

be careful though - there are only a few lenses where the autofocus currently works on the G1, and neither of those are it. Mind you, I've been shooting all day with the 50mm macro and manual focusing, it really is very easy and quick . . . just not as quick as autofocus!
The pancake lens does autofocus, as does the 9-18 and a few others.

scho

scott
Scott, The Panasonic adapter for 4/3 to m4/3 is available now. Several of us here are already using it. Should be available from the usual sources by now (eg. B&H, Amazon, etc.). I've been trying it with the two 4/3 lenses I have (12-60 and 50-200 SWD) and although the image quality is excellent and manual focusing works very well, these particular lenses are just too large for the G1 IMO.

Regards,
Carl

jlm

Workshop Member
was able to get the 75 cron to focus at inf at f2.0 on the G1, so the basic M-G1 adapter is working. now I have to work out the retention springs and release button, the pesky parts.
will try and post some pics tomorrow

jonoslack

was able to get the 75 cron to focus at inf at f2.0 on the G1, so the basic M-G1 adapter is working. now I have to work out the retention springs and release button, the pesky parts.
will try and post some pics tomorrow
Hi John:clap:
I'm excited! - that lens is the one that seems likely to be the most fun on the G1 - and with the OUFRO to make it into a macro lens . . . .

jlm

Workshop Member
i agree, the 75 cron is pretty tempting, a 150mm eq and using the sweet spot.

it occurs to me that I could make a series of extenders for close focusing without too much trouble. the easiest ones would be for the LTM mount, the female bayonets are a PIA, but i might get tricky...

V

Vivek

John,

The Leica thread extension tubes are dime a dozen. Perhaps the difficult to find ones are the thinnest ones (6mm extension).

I would appreciate it if you would respond to my email query. Thanks!