The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M4/3 to Leica

monza

No, I have a black G1, that makes me a young whippersnapper. :) Otherwise I'd have a red one. :)

OK Pam Anderson?

V

Vivek

No,no, no. That isn't it. :)

No comparisons to any body parts (whatever gender).:)

A

akaloith

Can you please post FULL SIZE raw and jpeg samples of your great Leica Lenses on Panasonic G1?
By posting a 1mp sample means nothing about image quality
Very easily a crap lens could be good at 1mp!
PLEASE FULL SIZE!

kevinparis

actually I would like someone to take a 'classic leica look' picture ( eg not a brick wall, haphazard collection of booze bottles, coloured pencils and fluffy toys)... maybe a street scene or an indoor natural light portrait on

1) M8
2) G1
and if possible
3) RD 1

Dont care which lens you use.. lux cron or 'it... just the same shot

you can even use PP... but the same to all shots

just curious

V

Vivek

Can you please post FULL SIZE raw and jpeg samples of your great Leica Lenses on Panasonic G1?
By posting a 1mp sample means nothing about image quality
Very easily a crap lens could be good at 1mp!
PLEASE FULL SIZE!
Sorry. I NEVER post any full size (any format) pictures.

V

Vivek

actually I would like someone to take a 'classic leica look' picture ( eg not a brick wall, haphazard collection of booze bottles, coloured pencils and fluffy toys)... maybe a street scene or an indoor natural light portrait on

1) M8
2) G1
and if possible
3) RD 1

Dont care which lens you use.. lux cron or 'it... just the same shot

you can even use PP... but the same to all shots

just curious
Be nice to Jono! :)

He is the only one who has all the three cameras you mention!

kevinparis

I am always nice to jono :) as far as I recall I have never personally insulted him....

I may have expressed an alternative perspective on a camera he loves... but that was all in the spirit of lively debate and discourse... which of course ended up with mild disagreement about who was most correct :)

truth be told... I really envy my other half's lenses... even the ones she casts aside... and would love to see my comparison request.

k

V

Vivek

Kevin, I did not imply you personally attacked Jono at all. I did not read that earlier exchange like that.

Having used the M8 sporadically and having owned and used the R-D1s for a while, I can only say this. The M8 wins easily in terms of image clarity (despite the IR/UV problems it has). It is a toss up between R-D1s and the G1.

Price, versatility and many other factors easily favor the G1 over the two.

BTW, akaloith, read Jack's reply here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4304

jonoslack

Hey!
Are you lot talking about me?
Of course Kevin insulted me deeply and woundingly :ROTFL:. . . I've only forgiven him because of his lovely partner.:thumbup:

erm.. . . where was I . . . I know! No, sorry, no R-D1, i sold mine for rather a lot more than I paid for it . . . regretted ever since. As Mark says, I do have other cameras (too many, but I like them all). (A900, Gx100, E3)

I can't do a comparison between an M8 and a G1 shot with the same lens . . . . because I don't have an adaptor for the G1 yet,and I'm not a Vivek (so I can't make one for myself). On the other hand, I might do one when the adaptor arrives.

May be a while though, I'm off on holiday on Saturday for a week (slithering down icy slopes on a couple of planks).

I think that Mark's your man!

A

akaloith

oh come on
post a full size sample that i wouldnt want to steal
I have a gallery of my own, by the way
Just want to see the full size quality of these leica lenses compared to the panasonic one!
Shoot a newspaper something!

By posting 1mp photos to show a quality of a lens is like posting nothing!
i want to see the full size quality of the leica lens compared to the panasonic one

Can someone help me?

Y.B.Hudson III

huh... it's @LL aboat person@Lity and fl@ir... Panasonic duzn't do f/1.0... duzn't glow (thats t' pixie dust an' flare)... doesn't have the bokeh of the Ziess sonnar... or the softness of the preaspheric summiluxes... and if d@'s not enough, you can't beat t'dog Hector...

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
huh... it's @LL aboat person@Lity and fl@ir... Panasonic duzn't do f/1.0... duzn't glow (thats t' pixie dust an' flare)... doesn't have the bokeh of the Ziess sonnar... or the softness of the preaspheric summiluxes... and if d@'s not enough, you can't beat t'dog Hector...
You obviously are not aware of the work that Vivek has done with his home-made adapter and his exotic lenses on the G1. I will be bolting my pre-ashpheric summiluxes (35 and 50) to my G1 as soon as my adapter arrives. Hector....I don't have, but how about a Summarex?:D

Y.B.Hudson III

Cindy, yup... I used the female M mount off a 14127 Leitz adapter and mated it to the G1 male thingy (taken off the kit lens) with epoxy filler to taste...

Y.B...