The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M4/3 to Leica

wolverine

I picked up an OUFRO (16469) from KEH in excellent condition. However, when I try to put on my 90 AA or 50 pre-asph it is extremely tight and will not rotate so the pin can lock. It stops just short of it. Is this typical? Are there only certain lenses this fits on? Thank.

wolverine

Thanks. Will do. Got it to use on the G1 when I get an adapter. Was just checking out for fit and was surprised at the the tightness.

Terry

Thanks. Will do. Got it to use on the G1 when I get an adapter. Was just checking out for fit and was surprised at the the tightness.
I also ordered one from B&H but it was shipped to NY so I won't be able to test it until I get to NY on Thursday.

carstenw

Thx Vivek.. I can imagine the weight. It would be wild to mount the R80 lux or R280/4 or R400/6.8 on the small G1 to see what we can get. Most likely some amazing shots.
Hmm, what about the Leica Apo-Summicron-R 180mm f/2? That would be wild. One might even miss the camera at a glance :)

P

psurfer

Hello! This thread has helped motivate me to loosen the credit card on a G1, ahead of the G HD version I was planning to wait for. And after seeing Vivek's success w/his Canon .95, I'm bemoaning the fact that I didn't hold onto the 50/1.2 I sold w/its Canon mdl 7 long ago...

While I await delivery and plot which of my legacy lenses I want adapters for, thought I'd add a reminder that the upcoming 20/1.7 is a pancake design, and looks not all that much deeper than the ZD 25/2.8

I'll bet (hope) it's going to perform quite decently, and we know it will be AF, practically weightless, and adapter-free. The only downside might be the lack of availability until Spring or later. pic:
http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/0809/panasonic20new.jpg

gero

Vivek, this info is grate. Can you show this 6mm extender? what is its name?

John,

The Leica thread extension tubes are dime a dozen. Perhaps the difficult to find ones are the thinnest ones (6mm extension).

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Perhaps I should have phrased that a bit better.

Gero, Since I have a big pile of LTM adapters, I now take them for granted. :eek:

The thin one looks like a step ring. Nothing special (in terms of its looks). No name.

There are some longer ones which do have names- DOORX, for example. :)

gero

Vivek, thank you.

Does anybothy have a photo of the g1 from the side with an M lens? I havent found one and I want to see how thick is the adapter from 4/3 to M.

jklotz

I just looked on ebay for one of those Canon .95's. All this talk was making me want one. I was surprised to see how expensive they have gotten!

Vivek, thank you.

Does anybothy have a photo of the g1 from the side with an M lens? I havent found one and I want to see how thick is the adapter from 4/3 to M.
I guess you mean: from micro 4/3 to M. I don´t have an image of the setup, but the adapter is only 8 mm thick. A Summicron 35 or 50, or a Tele Elmarit 90 (all with the original lens shades) is a very good balance on the camera, and easy to work with (the infinity lock on some lenses is a nuisance, but so it was on a Leica M2 body as well IMHO).

gero

thank you.

It just seems that this camera would be grate for micro 4/3 native lenses (like 25-1.7 or 15-1.4).

What I would want is a camera like this with the same pixel size but with a ff scuare sensor for all of the image area on M lenses (and M mount). How many m.pixels would that be?

monza

The 4/3 sensor is approximately quarter-frame, I believe, so 12 x 4 = 48 as Simon says. :)

Although I'd rather have 4x bigger pixels. :)

gero

a 48mp camera for M lenses?

yes please and make it so that you could select also for high iso low mp count.

monza

To get high ISO, I think you'd need larger pixels, hence less MP. Say, like a D700...full frame, 12mp, 6400 ISO (easy) :)

barjohn

I'm sure some of you remember 1/2 frame. Well they could have called M43 1/2 frame as it is actually slightly larger. 1/2 frame would be 18x12 and the M43 is 18x13.5. Half frame was popular in smaller versions of FF cameras.