The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OM-D battery question: does 1+1=2?

bradhusick

This is a simple question (seemingly) but may not have a simple answer.

Do you get more shots in total by using one battery in the camera, then switching to a second battery when #1 runs out

or

Use two batteries together, one in the camera, one in the grip?

Also, are there settings you can change to affect this result?

Thanks.

Braeside

Not sure if I understand the question Brad.
If you have one in the Grip and one in the Camera, then there is a setting that determines which battery is used up first. I have mine set to use up the grip one first.
So basically you should get the same number of shots whether you use 2 batteries in combination with grip and camera, or sequentially manually swopping them yourself with just the camera. Hope that makes sense.

bradhusick

That helps. Therefore I assume the camera never "sees" two batteries - just the currently selected one.

250swb

Well it see's two batteries in the sense that it knows to switch over to the second when the first is drained.

Steve

O

OCULUS

I too have been puzzled why I get a warning that the "PBH is low" (any other people remember pb as the element symbol for lead and appreciate the ambiguity of that icon msg?), when the camera will supposedly switch over to the internal battery on its own. I don't think I have seen mine switch over yet, so I can't comment on its "seamless" behavior.

I too have been puzzled why I get a warning that the "PBH is low" (any other people remember pb as the element symbol for lead and appreciate the ambiguity of that icon msg?), when the camera will supposedly switch over to the internal battery on its own. I don't think I have seen mine switch over yet, so I can't comment on its "seamless" behavior.
The switchover is absolutely seamless, in my own experience.