The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Luton Camera Repair Services - HOORAY!

jonoslack

Hi There.
It turned out that my black OMD . . . (which I slammed onto a rock in Crete with all my weight slipping down some scree) had a problem working with the grip (sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't). It worked perfectly for the rest of my holiday - this was a major fall, and something of a miracle that the camera survived at all. . . . anyway, this was hardly a warranty issue!

So I sent it to Luton camera repair services

They completely replaced (the rather scratched but otherwise okay) base plate and battery door - they also fitted a new eypiece cup (mine was lost) and checked, calibrated the camera and updated the firmware.

The camera came back today looking almost like new - and working perfectly. It arrived in a rather nice Olympus tin.

The price was £140 for the whole thing (including postage etc.). They answer the phone, they answer emails, and they are accredited warranty repairers as well.

I'm very pleased, and very impressed . . ..

THANK YOU

iiiNelson

It's always good to hear the positive stories. Normally no news is the only way you assume it's good news.

f6cvalkyrie

Thanks for mentioning this, Jono !
I see two major benefits : they are in Europe (no hassle with the customs) and they stock the EP-10 of which I already lost two !!!

C U,
Rafael

Braeside

I also used them to get a replacement EP-10 which I lost. Good to know their repair service is good too.

Glenn

I too got an eyecup from them. I dropped my om-d just before Christmas and sent it to Olympus for repair (the EVF wasn't displaying properly) two days ago. I'll keep you posted on progress.