The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G1 paint peels.

Hi Jono and Vivek,
I've been looking into this too, and the closest I can get the LCD to the body at this point is about 1mm no matter how I twist it. Are we seeing sample variations here too?...
Same with mine; no way can I get the screen to touch that part of the camera. So now we´re three against one...:p Vivek, you seem to have got a "Monday copy"....

But then, the images it has given you using those adapted lenses....:clap:

V

Vivek

Arne, Per and Cindy are right if the LCD is twisted/turned at home (to check).

That does not seem to be the case out "on the go" maneuvers. Well, the mystery deepens...

Per, Thank you. I have never been so excited with a camera like this one. The possibilities are endless and I have not yet scratched (oops!:)) the surface yet!

V

Vivek

I had a problem with rubbery paint on a Nikon N90 once several years ago.
Nikon repaired it and it never happened again.
I my case it was a primer issue on the bare plastic. This looks very similiar to the issue I had.
-bob

Bob, You are right. It is a primer issue.

Brian Mosley

Hi Vivek, I've just checked my G1 and there's no way the lcd will touch the body at that position - looks like a warranty return for you :(

Sorry, I know that you'll miss your new gem :)

Brian...

S

spacebar

Hey guys

Just to share - I have the exact same issue - at the same spot as well! I posted this in dpreview:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1033&thread=30890367 (with photo)

A kind fellow forum member helped me to escalate to Panasonic Singapore and said shouldn't be a problem to get it fixed. If you read the end of the thread, you'd also learn that this could be due to some finishing problems...

I haven't had the time to send it to Panny yet but hope to do so one day..

ricseet

Hi Spacebar, you mean after all the prompt work I did for you -- you still have not gone to get your G1 repair.
Oh dear ---

ric

Hey guys

Just to share - I have the exact same issue - at the same spot as well! I posted this in dpreview:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1033&thread=30890367 (with photo)

A kind fellow forum member helped me to escalate to Panasonic Singapore and said shouldn't be a problem to get it fixed. If you read the end of the thread, you'd also learn that this could be due to some finishing problems...

I haven't had the time to send it to Panny yet but hope to do so one day..

R

Ranger 9

And yet worn paint on a Leica MP is supposed to look cool and sophisticated...

S

spacebar

Hi Spacebar, you mean after all the prompt work I did for you -- you still have not gone to get your G1 repair.
Oh dear ---

ric
Ric! You are everywhere. :eek:)

I will for sure... I honestly can't find the time to do so... appreciate your effort very much! :clap:

BTW still utterly no luck to get the 45-200mm... called Panny and amusing thing is that they in turned called the same dealer/s I have been calling.

GDI

And yet worn paint on a Leica MP is supposed to look cool and sophisticated...
The difference is between the feathered wear of quality enamel revealing the brass plating underneath after decades of hard use versus the ragged peeling of rubberized plasti-dip exposing the black polycarbonate body after a couple of months of lens tests!

Now we know why there is pricing disparity!

:grin: