The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon is up to no good!

Tesselator

I've wanted this for a long time.... An FM2D :D...

The OM-D has come the closest so far.

Doug
I agree. Except for the lightweight plasticy feel the OM-D is closest to the look and feel of the all manual film cameras of old.

On a related note, if Nikon goes into production with this my guess is that it will be exclusively for the F6 which Nikon still manufacturers and supports. While it would be the most awesome IMO, I kinda doubt they will fabricate this for cameras they no longer sell. Just my hunch of course - but commercially that seems the most obvious.

Nikon F6

http://imaging.nikon.com/history/scenes/09/index.htm

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That'll do something to the price of F6 bodies!
Luckily, the F6 is still a current product, so the used prices won't go over the new ones... hopefully. Maybe they simply want to sell more F6 bodies. I know several photographers who consider it the best SLR body, regardless of medium or brand. Giving it the flexibility of film or digital would make it a must have for any Nikon aficionado.

Just speculating of course :chug:

Tesselator

Yeah, and the DPR article points out that given the past scheduling Nikon is due for another film body release. So it could very well be that this is some accessory for a an F7 or something. ;)

Which would still be pretty cool by me! Film and digital in one body... Maybe even at the same time. Run out of film but still not miss the shot! Weeee...!

Of course still not as cool as fitting something like the F3 or the OM4 with a digital sensor... but hey... ya can't have everything.