The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mike Woods Street Photography

jonoslack

Hey - Mike hangs out here - we've mostly seen his photographs . . . . but have you looked at his Zenfolio street photography folder? It's a gas - poignant, funny, smart ***, but overall kind . . and just really really good fun.

My family and I have been smiling and enjoying these - so I thought I'd encourage you to have a proper look.

Mike Woods Street Photography

Thank you Mike!

Brian Mosley

Awesome, simply wonderful observation and timing!

Thanks for the pointer Jono. Mike deserves the attention.

Happy New Year

Brian

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Excellent link...Mike the images are wonderful.

Jono,

I hit Silas site from a different link and noticed a couple of portraits of you that have not surfaced here...

He has acquired a wonderful photo perspective that I assume you helped mature.

Well done Dad!

Bob

Last edited:

jonoslack

Jono,

I hit Silas site from a different link and noticed a couple of portraits of you that have not surfaced here...

He has acquired a wonderful photo perspective that I assume you helped mature.

Well done Dad!

Bob
Hi Bob. I'm innocent. Nothing to do with me. I quite agree that he has an interesting perceptive, biut it's so much less controlling and precise than mine I guess I was involved with the genes, but his perspective is his own.

Tim

Interesting that some are BW others colour. I am curious as to how he chooses? Obviously some scream to be colour.
Its refreshing that not all street photogs find the need to do all BW.

I also find that his images in the great HQ rendering that the OM-D offers works very well, not all street images have to be this grainy low res BW IMO. I think the lighting in his city seems gentle overcast and this give the set a great tonality in BW and colour.

I love seeing street images of other photographers, and he quite some here!
An seriously entertaining set of images. Some are very funny

Last edited:

dhsimmonds

Thanks Jono and a very big thanks to Mike Woods as this is a well seen and wonderful collection of Street Photography.

The transition from M8 to the OM-D is seamless and the citizens of and visitors to the City of Bath have access to a record of their life which is priceless. I am sure that the RPS in Bath would be proud to have this in their collection!

Mike Woods

Jono et al, what can I say but thank you so much for your kind comments! I'm really glad they brought a smile to a few people, which for me is what it's all about....

Just a quick response to Tim's point about colour vs black & white. I obviously shoot RAW, but can pretty much determine at the click of the shutter what the final version will/should be. I see first in colour, and you're quite right, some images simply scream to remain so. But when that colour detracts from the story, then I almost always convert to B&W. In summary, I don't think I'm a candidate for the Monochrom :D

Thank you all again - what a damn great place this is to hang out!

Happy New Year to all.

Mike

p.s. I'll leave you with one from today: