The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wide angle lenses from 16mm movie format

Has anyone tried wide angle C mount lenses of around 10mm focal length on M4/3? If so, how bad is the vignetting? The main thing that I want to know is if most of the vignetting can be eliminated with a 16:9 crop in camera? Ive done a search on this forum but most of the photos taken with cine lenses have been focal lengths of around 16mm and higher. I'm mainly interested in 10mm.

kds315

16mm wide lenses were computed to match this format, so don't cover the needed the 21mm or thereabout image format of m4/3 cameras, so basically all 16mm format lenses will vignette from about 25mm focal length or shorter.

Some Fujinons 12.5mm seem to have been modified by some members to nearly cover the format tho-

At least my experience.

Ive discovered some sample images on Flickr taken with such a 10mm lens mounted to a G1. The vignetting is pretty severe - more than I expected. I was hoping for just black corners but it's almost a circular image.