The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

vincechu

Two from last summer with 45-200.

Simply amazing! I love the composition and how this photo really shows off what micro four thirds cameras are capable of.

The bokeh's perfect and is what makes this photo work in my opinion - as a newbie photographer i've always wanted to get bokeh like that. May I ask how u got bokeh like that? any editing on a pc?

Ron Evers

Simply amazing! I love the composition and how this photo really shows off what micro four thirds cameras are capable of.

The bokeh's perfect and is what makes this photo work in my opinion - as a newbie photographer i've always wanted to get bokeh like that. May I ask how u got bokeh like that? any editing on a pc?
Thanks, glad you like it.

I am sorry but I do not remember even if it was shot RAW or jpeg. I only have it saved as a jpeg. Here is the EXIF data:

# Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/500 second ===> 0.002 second
# Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 8/1 ===> ƒ/8
# ISO Speed Ratings = 200
# Original Date/Time = 2009:07:16 07:42:55
# Shutter Speed Value (APEX) = 8965784/1000000
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/500 second
# Aperture Value (APEX) = 6/1
Aperture = ƒ/8
# Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
# Focal Length = 2000/10 mm ===> 200 mm

vincechu

Thanks, glad you like it.

I am sorry but I do not remember even if it was shot RAW or jpeg. I only have it saved as a jpeg. Here is the EXIF data:

# Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/500 second ===> 0.002 second
# Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 8/1 ===> ƒ/8
# ISO Speed Ratings = 200
# Original Date/Time = 2009:07:16 07:42:55
# Shutter Speed Value (APEX) = 8965784/1000000
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/500 second
# Aperture Value (APEX) = 6/1
Aperture = ƒ/8
# Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
# Focal Length = 2000/10 mm ===> 200 mm
Thank you, I really appreciate the exif information :thumbup: - it reinforces what Amin told me about using focal length and aperture to get bokeh :)

Terry

Played around with various different crops of this shot. I decided that this one might be more interesting than the one I posted as my picture of the day. Link below.....

I love it when there is a low ribbon of fog on the bay. Also loving the view from my new apartment :D

Tullio

Wow...is this a view from your ap? Nice! I love the Golden Gate structure. I certainly like this version much better as it really emphasizes the bridge.

D

Devon Shaw

My school's ag department has a vineyard now for our own wine label.
They asked the art department to come up with submissions for the graphic portion of the label design.
I am in photography and so got up this morning for some pictures of the main building's architecture. Also one of my first real attempts at HDR.

With the 14-42mm

m3photo

Re: Wine Label

My school's ag department has a vineyard now for our own wine label.
They asked the art department to come up with submissions for the graphic portion of the label design.
The second image is a good starting point. I think cropping it to give more importance to the building will at the same time remove too much of the trees either side which at the moment seem to engulf it and also eliminate some foreground and sky which in excess does nothing to the image. Also as the label will be on a curved surface (the bottle) it is most important to have all lines parallel so in cropping make sure of this. The actual black and white/HDR work is very pleasing and adds the timeless feeling which vineyards invoke.
Another shot of the same idea would be advisable to get the building perfectly centered with regard to the lamp posts and a little closer at the same time to remove said trees and get more lettering in from the façade, the converging verticals you'll get can easily be corrected in PP. But that's just me.:D

Last edited:

Helena

Ron Evers, I really like your photo of the daisies! Now I want a longer lens for my G1 (or a macro). :)

Terry, great shot of the bridge! I love photos of fog.

Here are a couple from me. The ones with the berries has some motion blur and I should have focused on the berry closest to the camera, but I really like the results I get from G1 + 20/1.7 and my beloved 5D stays at home more and more often...