The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Terry

Wow Ocean these are great! The play of the colors next to each other is really cool as well.

barjohn

In the Leica Forum a while back there was some discussion about a user that had the metal/plastic loop end on the Leica strap come open under stress and it caused his camera to fall to the ground so he was warning that it was too easy for that plastic piece to move opening up the small metal clip and allowing it to come lose. At least that is my recollection. Since then I didn't trust using that type of connection. If I get a chance later I will take a picture of what I am using and post it for you.

barjohn

Ocean, that first one looks like a shot of Sunset Key. A great place to stay but pricey. They really pamper you there and the restaurant is really good. I think I would rather be there right now.

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
V/r, yes, both were taken at Sunset Key on Christmas day, almost at the same spot. And you are right that restaurant is very good. We had a great time in Key West.

Cheers,

barjohn

Ocean,

Perhaps you will recognize some of these shots. (Done with the M8).

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

Brian,

Absolutely jawdropping photos. Very good eye!

Moreover, I'd read all kinds of wonderful reviews about the ZD 14-35 f2.0 (and all their other super optics) and wondered what a lens like that (via the 4/3s adapter) would be like on the G1 and ...like...wow! I'm just totally blown away.

Do you have to focus manually?

Peter
Thank you Peter,

yes - focus is manual at the moment (hope there will be further upgrades announced for ZD firmware throughout the range, to make them work with the G1 CDAF)

I was out again this morning with another classic 4/3rds wideangle lens - the 11-22mm f2.8-f3.5... hope to have something worth sharing soon.

Kind Regards

Brian

scho

Just started using the 25mm Leica D Summilux on the G1 with the DMW-MA1 adapter. Fully functional on the G1 after I upgraded the lens firmware to version 2.1. Here are two handheld snaps indoors at f/1.4.

Last edited:

peterb

Brian,

I don't know if it's me but I think your 14-35mm totally blows away the 11-22. Good shots though.

Scho...the 25mm is a winner too.

Peter

peterv

Hi Scho,

please DO NOT show any more photo's taken with the 25mm Leica D Summilux.

After one full week of searching for information on the internet, and debating with me and myself, today I just decided not to buy this gem...

And now you post these beautiful photo's...

Please tell me it is very heavy and bulky on the G1, not worth it ;)

R

Ranger 9

A couple of earlier posts used the abbreviation 'ZD' in connection with a line of Four Thirds lenses; pardon my ignorance, but what does 'ZD' stand for?

scho

Hi Scho,

please DO NOT show any more photo's taken with the 25mm Leica D Summilux.

After one full week of searching for information on the internet, and debating with me and myself, today I just decided not to buy this gem...

And now you post these beautiful photo's...

Please tell me it is very heavy and bulky on the G1, not worth it ;)
Hi Peter, I had the same debate and lost :D Did I mention how well crafted this lens is and how nice it feels balanced in the left hand when shooting handheld? Yes, it is heavy (1 lb) but not at all uncomfortable to shoot on the G1 once you figure out how to hold it properly. Razor sharp and creamy smooth bokeh with this piece of glass.

Regards,
Carl