The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

sjg284

EP1 & lumix 20mm

handheld bracing against a railing.. the IS really helps
stitched 2 shots together (haven't done a pano in years..)

Brian Mosley

ReeRay - you had some wonderful light for that portrait - and I think the lens must have had a lot to do with the character of the shot... simply wonderful!

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Brian

D

Devon Shaw

Brian,
Those shots are great. I particularly like the composition of the first one. Took me a little while to figure out what I was looking at. From the photographs I've seen you seem to live in a really beautiful place.

I just noticed you have an E-PL1. How have your experiences with that body been?

Thanks,
-Devon

D

Devon Shaw

My cousin got married yesterday and I decided to use the opportunity to give the built in E-P1 art filters a shot.
These were all taken with the pinhole filter on an E-P1 with Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 lens.

Brian Mosley

Devon, that's an awesome set, particularly the last portrait... well done.

I've been jotting down my thoughts about the E-PL1 in this thread over on mu-43.

The only drawback I've found of any significance to me, is the lack of electronic levels which I rely on for landscape shooting... the user interface is improved for legacy lens shooting.

Cheers

Brian

D

Devon Shaw

Devon, that's an awesome set, particularly the last portrait... well done.

I've been jotting down my thoughts about the E-PL1 in this thread over on mu-43.

The only drawback I've found of any significance to me, is the lack of electronic levels which I rely on for landscape shooting... the user interface is improved for legacy lens shooting.

Cheers

Brian
Thanks Brian.

Your thoughts on it were very insightful. Most of the major differences you found between the E-P1/2 and E-PL1 seem like things that could hopefully be fixed through firmware updates.

-Devon

Y.B.Hudson III

so Brian... is the blocking out of shadow detail a function of the 20mm 1.7 or an aesthetic decision? I've found the EPL-1's processor provides a surprisingly good dynamic range...*

* or is it just smoke and mirrors I am witnessing?

cheers Hudson

V

Vivek

Hudson, How can contrast detect AF be compatible with good resolution? Contrast ought be sky high (at the expense of resolution) in lenses like 20/1.7 so that they can focus at all (however "fast" they may be :ROTFL:).