The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

scho

Beauty and the beast. Flowering bush thriving on the rim of the Kilauea caldera. I assume that the plant is either SOx tolerant or wind direction is relatively constant. Olympus E-P2 with Lumix 7-14, 3 shot stitch.

Leica 77

Beauty and the beast. Flowering bush thriving on the rim of the Kilauea caldera. I assume that the plant is either SOx tolerant or wind direction is relatively constant. Olympus E-P2 with Lumix 7-14, 3 shot stitch.

Aloha Carl,
Both of your images are fantastic. The second image is a great panorama shot (3-shot stitch), using one of my favorite lenses - Lumix 7-14. Best, Leica 77. :)

Brian Mosley

Taken this morning on my hike to Holme Moss Summit, with the wind chill it was flipping freezing. :D

E-PL1 + mZD 14-42mm f3.5-5.6L
1/1600s f/8.0 at 14.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Tullio

Awesome, Brian!!! I see that you are now shooting with the E-PL1 almost exclusively. In which areas do you think the EPL1 has improved over the EP2? I have the EP1, which I like very much. I even bought a flash for it. I'm wondering if it would be worth replacing it with the EPL1.

Brian Mosley

Hi Bob,

I've been posting my impressions here... in summary, the user interface is improved in some aspects (most particularly the one touch MF assist zoom for legacy lenses and focus patch selection) and the body is a better shape for heavier legacy lenses (the grip works)... the only major downside is lack of electronic levels, but the grid display has been improved.

It's also noticeably lighter - with the kit lens, it's featherweight, but I've hung a ZD 35-100mm f2 off it without a creak... so it's strong.

My favourite is still the E-P1 though, love that classic design (though the user interface can be complex)

Cheers

Brian

D

Devon Shaw

My friend asked me to take a portrait of her family. I was a bit trepidacious about this as it isn't something I have a lot of experience with but I have taken a lot of single portraits so I figured I could do a decent job for what they wanted to use it for. Unfortunately it was hailing yesterday when we were scheduled to do the portrait and so we had to try and take it inside. I am not very well equipped to do this but ended up using a halogen work light along with my old manual Vivitar flash bounced off one of the walls.
This is my favorite of the set,

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
To get some "target practice" with my new GH1, I went to the Bangkok Motor Show yesterday, but I think there must be something wrong with my camera. I doesn't seem to be able to get the cars in focus. Just look at the example below; the white car is completely blurred :rolleyes:

GH1 with OM Zuiko 100mm f/2.8 @ f/2.8

Should I send it back to Panasonic for repair, or is it maybe the Zuiko that is at fault here?

You need more proof? Here you go. On this one, you can hardly recognise the shape of the white car :(

GH1 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 Macro @ f/4.0

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here, the problem is more obvious: I know that somewhere under her there's a motorbike. There was simply not enough space on the sensor for the girl as well as the bike. I obviously need a full frame camera.

I've read in a forum called dpsomething that there's a cure called "Jump Ship" that seems to be very popular. Will I get more cars in focus if I jump ship?

GH1 with OM Zuiko 100mm f/2.8 @ f/2.8 (I think)

V

Vivek

To get some "target practice" with my new GH1, I went to the Bangkok Motor Show yesterday, but I think there must be something wrong with my camera. I doesn't seem to be able to get the cars in focus. Just look at the example below; the white car is completely blurred :rolleyes:

Should I send it back to Panasonic for repair, or is it maybe the Zuiko that is at fault here?

You need more proof? Here you go. On this one, you can hardly recognise the shape of the white car :(

GH1 with OM Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 Macro @ f/4.0

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/4/9/feathers.jpg
Joergen, It is definitely the fault of the Zuiko as it seems to have captured an extra tooth. ;)

Brian Mosley

Jorgen, love the last two (especially the bokeh in your last) shots... brilliant, and Carl this is wonderful too.

Thanks everyone, for making this thread so much fun!

Cheers

Brian