The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

scho

Re: Asparagus

Panasonic G1 + Cosmicar 12.5mm f/1.4 TV
ISO 100 @ f/9 @ 1/60 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.
Very nice Godfrey. My favorite spring veggie. The Germans hill them up when growing to produce the white variety. I still remember my mother in law's spargel ritual in the spring of going to the nearby farm, cutting the asparagus with special snips under the hilled up soil, washing, peeling, and wrapping in a wet dishtowel until cooked shortly afterwards. Served with a white sauce, thinly sliced schinken, and boiled potatoes. Yum!

scho

I'm starting to love this little camera .

some times I wonder if I need the FF and all the lenses :confused:
I bought it to have a take around camera , but I bet I'll start buying lenses for it
Nice shot.
Absolutely! You MUST start buying lenses ASAP! :ROTFL:

Godfrey

Very nice Godfrey. My favorite spring veggie. The Germans hill them up when growing to produce the white variety. I still remember my mother in law's spargel ritual in the spring of going to the nearby farm, cutting the asparagus with special snips under the hilled up soil, washing, peeling, and wrapping in a wet dishtowel until cooked shortly afterwards. Served with a white sauce, thinly sliced schinken, and boiled potatoes. Yum!
Thanks Carl!
And yes, that does sound very tasty. :)

apicius9

I'm going to visit my family in Germany in late May/early June and the main reason for going then instead of later in the summer is the asparagus season :) Nothing better!

Great color in the asparagus picture, Godfrey. Did you post a picture of that lens somewhere? Just wondering whether it is the same as mine.

Stefan

Brian Mosley

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/20s f/6.3 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/50s f/3.5 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/40s f/3.5 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/100s f/3.5 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Godfrey

... must be Spring: I'm shooting flowers ...

ISO 100 @ f/8 @ 1/320 second

ISO 100 @ f/9 @ 1/100 second

Both made with the Olympus E-1 + ZD 35mm f/3.5 Macro. Unusual for me ... hand-held!

Godfrey

I'm going to visit my family in Germany in late May/early June and the main reason for going then instead of later in the summer is the asparagus season :) Nothing better!

Great color in the asparagus picture, Godfrey. Did you post a picture of that lens somewhere? Just wondering whether it is the same as mine.

Stefan
I posted this elsewhere at one point or another:

A batch of photos made of the G1 with various lenses is collected on my website at http://www.gdgphoto.com/G1_adapted_lenses.html

scho

Two with the E-P2+35mm f/2 CZ Planar G.

Spring plant starting to blossom.

Freshly painted swing on the lake shore.

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
Beautiful shots Cliff, thanks for sharing.

From earlier this evening... allotments on the outskirts of Sheffield.

E-PL1 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/250s f/8.0 at 57.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian
Golly Brian! I would never have expected a picture like this to have been made with a Hexanon 57/1.2.

Such a lovely photograph. Thank you for posting it.

Brian Mosley

Thanks Jonathon, yes it's a surprising performer for distance work - considering it's such a beautiful portrait lens.

Cheers

Brian

Godfrey

... Skewed ...

Panasonic G1 + Olympus ZD 35mm f/3.5 Macro
ISO 100 @ f/4 @ 1/60 second