The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

peterb

Kevin, the horn player is superb! Great catch.

Simon, fantastic shot, too!

Thanks for sharing, guyus.

Peter

Knorp

What is your set up with the Macro lens? Is this the 90? How close can you focus. I'm assuming the macro adapter is a problem?
Hi Terry,
I could be wrong but I think you are addressing me here. :confused:
The macro lens is an Leica R-lens [APO-MACRO-ELMARIT-R 1:2.8/100mm] attached to the G1 with two stacked Novoflex adapters: mFT/LEM and LEM/LER. Closest distance from subject to sensor is approx. 43cm or 21,5cm from subject to the front of the lenshood. For a picture see also: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5028
And I've got an Elpro on its way for even more magnification ... :bugeyes:

Kind regards.

kweide

Well, the Leica Apo Macro 100 is the typical "Out of this world Lens"
Stunning picture quality....but lage and heavy, I simply love it.

Until then see:
Ducks and young swan on Lago di Garda

jklotz

Sure Brian, no problem. 1st is M8 w/ CV 35 2.5, wide open. Second is G1, kit lens, also wide open. Not difficult to tell which lens if faster, huh?

Brian Mosley

Thanks James, can't tell for sure but the M8 seems to be gentler on the DR also. Is the G1 shot from RAW?

Kind Regards

Brian

barjohn

The G1 is so much sharper with a great deal of more detail in the image. Look at the metal gate, especially toward the bottom, looking closely at each rung. Then look at the grass and brown area. One nice thing on a Mac is you can zoom the image in or out letting you look at the details very closely.

kevinparis

jklotz

think the same shot with the same lens with the G1 and the M8 would have been a more interesting comparison.. I do see tonal diffrnrcrs in the M8... but the G1 looks sharper

everybody has a look they like

peace
K

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Have to be careful also with the contrast the G1 does have slightly more because of the DR. It will tend to look sharper but I agree it looks damn nice for sure. No slouch when it comes to image quality. Now don't tell Panasonic but for 650 bucks it's a screamer at least wait until I get mine. LOL

back alley

The G1 is so much sharper with a great deal of more detail in the image. Look at the metal gate, especially toward the bottom, looking closely at each rung. Then look at the grass and brown area. One nice thing on a Mac is you can zoom the image in or out letting you look at the details very closely.
how does one do that on a mac?

monza

how does one do that on a mac?
Joe, using Safari, if you go to post #407, click on one of the images. You'll get a window that shows up with the image, and a "Go" box. Click on the image (don't click on Go.) The image will show in Safari, the cursor will be a + sign. Click on the image again to zoom in; click again to zoom out. It won't zoom if your window/display has more than enough pixels, like if you have a 30" Apple Cinema. :)

jklotz

jklotz

think the same shot with the same lens with the G1 and the M8 would have been a more interesting comparison.. I do see tonal diffrnrcrs in the M8... but the G1 looks sharper

everybody has a look they like

peace
K
Kevin, I agree with you. Unfortunately I'm still waiting on my adaptor for the G1 to M so I can do it. I really had not gone out today with the intentions of comparing the 2 cameras, but when Brian asked, it just so happened that I had the same shot that I had taken on both cameras, so I posted them. When my adaptor comes, I'll probably do some more meaningful comparisons.

Terry

Hi Terry,
I could be wrong but I think you are addressing me here. :confused:
The macro lens is an Leica R-lens [APO-MACRO-ELMARIT-R 1:2.8/100mm] attached to the G1 with two stacked Novoflex adapters: mFT/LEM and LEM/LER. Closest distance from subject to sensor is approx. 43cm or 21,5cm from subject to the front of the lenshood. For a picture see also: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5028
And I've got an Elpro on its way for even more magnification ... :bugeyes:

Kind regards.
Yes, it was me and I didn't recognize the name of the lens not realizing it was R and not M. I have a whole new lens lineup to learn :eek:

barjohn

The way you zoom with the Mac is to hold down the control key and roll the scroll ball. You can go up or bring it back down.