The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Bicyclist. Take two.

Panasonic G1, 25/0.95 @ 0.95, 1/400s
Vivek,
I liked your bicycle take one better because you weren't so close to the subject and it showed the backdrop of where the lady was coming from. There was also something special about the stern look of the woman in bicycle 1. Wouldn't it be fun to a series like this?

V

Vivek

Thanks, Cindy.:)

In the first one, actually, that lady was smiling but due to lower shutter speed (despite the OIS gizmo), can't see the expression clearly.

I have my own problems with the AF of the G1. It controls what I do than the other way around.

The one distinction is that with the kitzoom plus the 0.7x wide adapter and the Angenieux 25/0.95 people do notice that I am taking photos and look directly into the camera. :thumbup:

monza

Vivek, you repeatedly prove how the G1 is usable for moving subjects in manual focus mode, or else you are just extremely lucky. :) Interesting highlight on the right handlebar.

peterb

Peter, I like your first portrait with the adjusted black levels - lovely natural expression. Well Done!

Kind Regards

Brian
Thanks Brian! Yes I felt that pushing the black the way to go (just needed a second set of eyes on that). Guy suggested an additional tweak. Glad you liked the first photo. I did too.

Peter

V

Vivek

Vivek, you repeatedly prove how the G1 is usable for moving subjects in manual focus mode, or else you are just extremely lucky. :) Interesting highlight on the right handlebar.

That is flare or "glow".

I feel extremely lucky when I am out with a camera and could make my snaps.
Thanks, Robert. :)

Brian Mosley

Took a long walk through Dovedale yesterday - beautiful landscape area.

G1 + 4/3rds adapter + ZD 7-14...

G1 + 4/3rds adapter + PL 14-150 OIS...

Both developed with Qimage Studio, finished in LightZone.

Kind Regards

Brian

jonoslack

Took a long walk through Dovedale yesterday - beautiful landscape area.

G1 + 4/3rds adapter + ZD 7-14...

G1 + 4/3rds adapter + PL 14-150 OIS...

Both developed with Qimage Studio, finished in LightZone.

Kind Regards

Brian
Very nice Brian
Isn't that close to the Lathkill Dale? Emma has a cousin who runs the hotel there.

back alley

i'm playing with my new cameraquest adapter, but inside and after dark & with no great art being produced i'm afraid.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thought I would join in with some G1 shots I have from this trip to our Moab workshop. Tried a few Leica lenses and some with the kit lenses and pretty impressed by the kit lens actually. Really a fun camera, I did stop shooting it yesterday as I lent it to a workshop member since I was not happy with his camera since it was not functioning well.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Couple more. I have more to process and when I get home will have many more to post So far though the quality of files is really nice. My biggest issue is raw processing and I hate ACR for it. May have to load Silky Pix or something