The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

W

wblynch

Every SLR I've ever used has blackout while the mirror is lifted. I don't get the big deal.

Maybe some people just have to complain about something and this is all they could find?

Kevin, nice, tight portrait!

Clay, especially your second tree image (with hte bike) is very good, a wonderful feeling of light and space.

Blackout: what blackout?....:D For years, I shot with a Hasselblad, where the mirror just stayed up after the exposure, until you recocked the camera. THAT was blackout.....:ROTFL:

clay stewart

Kevin, nice, tight portrait!

Clay, especially your second tree image (with hte bike) is very good, a wonderful feeling of light and space.

Blackout: what blackout?....:D For years, I shot with a Hasselblad, where the mirror just stayed up after the exposure, until you recocked the camera. THAT was blackout.....:ROTFL:
Thanks Per.

K

kiloran

Crazy snowy weather from the UK:

Taken with the Oly 25 f/2.8

Just a light sprinkling by many standards but the whole country seems to have ground to a halt. Currently hailing cats and dogs at the moment, great fun!

kweide

This portrait is stunning....and the lens is somehow okay hmm for such lousy few bucks... what did you await ????

LOL, excellent lens as well

kweide

My grandniece...
A snapshot on a birthday party....
"Sweatheart, can you take some nice looking pics of the kids ???" Sometimes i hate my cam... :D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Klaus Congrats my friend you WON the Holiday challenge. Go check out the Sunset Bar folks and see Klaus's wining shot.

kevinparis

:)

thanks klaus

it really has kinda surprised me... now I have a 24/2 nikkor on its way...bit more than 50 bucks though :(

Now I am stalking an 85/1.?... maybe a nikkor...maybe a contax. we will see what ebay throws at me.

cheers

K

kweide

Old E-20 F2.0 Lens
Mother nature and her well protected spiny sweets
Don´t touch without gloves !!!

V

Vivek

A 50% crop of a shot taken with Olympus' fuzzy lens pen F 42/1.2 on G1 through a couple of thick glass windows.

kevinparis

So vivek... would you have posted this if it wasn't a

"50% crop of a shot taken with Olympus' fuzzy lens pen F 42/1.2 on G1 through a couple of thick glass windows."

can we get back to the business of taking real photos?

Peace

V

Vivek

I do not understand, Kevin. Why pick on me for posting gear details while you yourself do that. I would strongly suggest that you take up your woes with the site management.

Whatever threads you start and views you have on the m4/3rds or related discussions do not bother me. Some get inspired by some gear and others get inspired by being a partially anti gear to certain types of gear. If anything makes you use your camera (whatever that is), great.:)

If you have any criticism/comments about the picture, I welcome that.

To answer your question, yes, I would have still posted it if I had taken that with a pinhole on tintype medium.;)

What Helen suggested, I am also eagerly awaiting to see some pics of a real event in Paris. Had it not been for busy weekends, I would hop on the Thalys and make a day trip just to get a chance to shoot the protests, with the G1, of course! :D:ROTFL:

kevinparis

Vivek... not picking on you for posting gear details..

and I am not at all anti m4/3rds... Its just the mass hysteria that seems to have consumed this forum over the last few months

I have admired many of your photos but unfortunately this one seemed to have no apparent merit beyond the fact it happened to be taken with that particular combination
. which didnt seem to show the camera or the lens in a particularly favorable light.

Feel free to come and visit the Paris protests... they happen most weeks :)

Just bring your gas mask, hard hat and the titanium shell for the G1... the CRS - french riot police - don't play softball

anyway... here is a shot from a real event in Paris... a memorial parade for some poor guy that passed our window and had me running into the street... For the record... it was almost dark and I had the 12-60 on the Oly510...

peace

K

Last edited:
V

Vivek

I think you are confusing gear with my photo. I am happy with it for what it is and whether I used a pen F lens or G1 it hardly matters to me.

If it does not work for you fine. :)

What would make you think that my gear is worth more than photo? If you can articulate what made you think that photo is what you say it is (which is unclear to me, btw) it would be useful (please no value based comparisons of photos and gear which is frankly ridiculous). :)

O

olyinaz

Clay, those are wonderful!

Kevin, that portrait is stunning.

Best,
Oly

T

terryc

Tele-elmar 135mm F4 @ F4. Novoflex Adapter. Lumix G1. The adapter and various legacy lenses bring so much fun to the G1..