The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Sanibel Florida - amost a record for low temperatures, but much better than the -15 C in Toronto.
G1 with Panasonic 45-200

W

wblynch

Nice light. The pink sand is beautiful

I wonder if that guy's phone will capture it as nicely??? ;)

m3photo

Re: Brian's 14-35 f2 Image

Nice, really sharp image Brian.
Sharp? My finger's still bleeding from when I ran it across that fence to see if it was 3 dimensional!
OK, Brian, tell all. Was it just the excellent lens (and at what aperture etc.) or is there some extra PP "cuisine" there we'd like to know about?

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Nice light. The pink sand is beautiful

I wonder if that guy's phone will capture it as nicely??? ;)

Yes, the light here is wonderful. That one was late afternoon. This one is very early morning.
A sheller doing the "Sanibel Stoop" which gives you back problems for the rest of your life.

Panasonic 45-200 (these photos are 20% crops)

Terry

More beach shots from the other coast -

I decided to take a drive to Point Reyes today. I went by way of Stinson Beach. Last time I lived out here I vowed that I wouldn't do the drive as a passenger ever again. There is something about that road that really makes me sick. OK, now I'm not doing that road anymore as the driver! Still felt nauseous! The road that leads to the lighthouse was closed and you could only get there by shuttle bus...not a chance today :ROTFL:

A new take on picnic at the beach.....

View attachment 11894

Not quite sure what he was shooting as the waves were a bit boring.....

View attachment 11896

Ice plant in bloom....

View attachment 11895

On the way home I stopped at Baker Beach - I like the bridge reflections I was getting on the surf.....

View attachment 11897

Once again the blimp for Jack....

View attachment 11898

V

vanhulsenbeek

Morning stroll along Amstel River in Amsterdam, with yesterday acquired G1, pre-ordered Rayqual adapter and Leica Tri-Elmar 16-18-21 mm at 16mm

Diane B

Bet he wished he had an articulating LCD. :)
LOL---but you know---I often forget I have one. I am getting used to shooting with the G1 and really enjoy it, but do forget about the LCD at times. It is SO nice on tripod (IF one remembers). Old habits die really hard.

Diane

Terry

ajuett - Well it looks like they are till at the age where they will listen to you! Nicely done.

A

ajuett

G1 with Oly ZD 25mm f/2.8 of the Burrard St. Bridge in Vancouver, Canada.

Brian Mosley

Re: Brian's 14-35 f2 Image

Sharp? My finger's still bleeding from when I ran it across that fence to see if it was 3 dimensional!
OK, Brian, tell all. Was it just the excellent lens (and at what aperture etc.) or is there some extra PP "cuisine" there we'd like to know about?
Thanks mark and m3photo, this was a single handheld shot... 1/1000s f/6.3 at 35.0mm iso100

The lens makes such a huge difference imho - very expensive, but you do get what you pay for.

Kind Regards

Brian

lmr

Yet more fun with G1 and my old RF Screw mount Nikkor-P.C f2 8.5m Lens.

Shot @ f2

Enjoy... Robert.

monza

Haven't you heard, small sensors are not supposed to get narrow DOF. :)

The Nikkor 85 is one of my favorite lenses.