The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Rick Waldroup

Jason and Erin Holding Hands

This was shot right after the birth of their new daughter, Kaitlyn. It was a difficult birth for the mother, hence the prominent IV.

The camera was a Lumix L1 with the Leica 14-50 zoom. The shot was processed in Lightroom and then in Nik Silver Efex.

lmr

:ROTFL: Oooops! My Bad... Nikkor f2 8.5cm not 8.5m :ROTFL:

Either way.. ths lens is still heavy...

Thank you for correcting :salute:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
More from Sanibel - Pano 45-200 cropped as far as I could go.
These are Roseate Spoonbills (I think).
Had a real opportunity yesterday to photograph a Bob Cat. He spent a couple of minutes 50ft in front of us. Pulled out my camera and got the dreaded "no card in camera message" Badly prepared with no spares. C'est la vie.

Keith

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Woodmancy, Yes, those are Roseate Spoonbills. We have lots of birds here in Florida this time of year. This Wood Stork was near my house. This is truly a face only a mother could love.
G1 and 45-200

Diane B

Just got my CQ FD adaptor so these are the very first shots--had to shoot what was handy LOL.

FD 24 f/2.8
f/don't remember for sure 1/25s ISO100 handheld If I reshot it I would change focus, but being able to use MF is such fun LOL.

FD 50 f/1.8
f/don't remember for sure 1/30s ISO250 handheld

I should have made notes about settings. I'm so used to EXIF that I forgot I wouldn't have that info.

Diane

Last edited:

barjohn

It rained and snowed at the higher elevations here today, so I shot these quickly from my car as the rain cleared and the mountains became visible. Shot with kit lens at 45mm.

Last edited:

barjohn

By the way, in my first picture the building you see is the old hotel Norconian. It was the in place during the roaring 20's for the Hollywood crowd, Walt Disney, and several presidents. It was the Palm Springs mecca of its day with a private lake (you can just see the top of the gazebo on the lake at the bottom of the image, a gulf coarse, a private landing strip and much more. Now it is a historical landmark but closed up because it needs renovation to meet earth quake standards and no funding has been made available. The hotel sits on a part of the original parcel that the navy sold to the state for a low security prison. The rest of the property is owned by the U.S. Navy and is a base where I work.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Those B&Ws really are great, Diane. And Cindy, I hope you help that bird back to its feet!
Diane, I agree with Joe and GDI, your black and white conversions are superb.

GDI, It is really something to contemplate. The storks have a lot of body to propel up, moving from that position to standing.:ROTFL:

Brian Mosley

Just a simple portrait of my youngest daughter, with the G1 + 4/3rds adapter + Hexanon 57mm f1.2

I softened this slightly using Lightzone - love the relight tool in that program.

1/100s f/1.4 iso100

Kind Regards

Brian

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Just a simple portrait of my youngest daughter, with the G1 + 4/3rds adapter + Hexanon 57mm f1.2

I softened this slightly using Lightzone - love the relight tool in that program.

1/100s f/1.4 iso100

Kind Regards

Brian
Brian,
This is a really lovely portrait of your daughter.
I hope that the members of the "G1 fight club" peek in here and view this photo.:ROTFL:

Last edited:
W

wbrandsma

It rained and snowed at the higher elevations here today, so I shot these quickly from my car as the rain cleared and the mountains became visible. Shot with kit lens at 45mm.
Spectacular view off the mountains barjohn. I have been twice to nearby Chino, but never saw these mountains as a result of the haze.