The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Diane B

The menu...

Meat

]
Jerry, everytime I look at this photo of the fowl (chickens??) it strikes me somehow as a chorus line with everyone with their hands in their air--sort of as supplicants. And--I've never seen a purple/blue fowl before either LOL.

Diane

Jonas

This one was shot through a piece of glass and I love the way the sculpture looks transparent.

(image)
Very nice, I like the framing a lot and in general I love images one has to look at for some time to understand. (More contrast, deeper blacks maybe?)
kindest, /Jonas

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Michiel for the kind words.

That first shot you posted is amazing. So much metal and steel in one place....really nice.

I have been seriously thinking about getting a G1, but decided to hold off until we see what Olympus brings us here in the next few months.
It will take till december before Olympus will have a M4/3 with a EVF viewfinder. So if you like to put on legacy lenses you might as well buy the G1 :grin:
Just red on dpreview's Olympus forum that the one without EVF will be launched in june.
Regards, Michiel

JerryMK

Jerry, everytime I look at this photo of the fowl (chickens??) it strikes me somehow as a chorus line with everyone with their hands in their air--sort of as supplicants. And--I've never seen a purple/blue fowl before either LOL.

Diane
Ha Diane, I was also very suprised seeing this coloured chickens. Took this picture at a market in Shanghai during a business trip.

Diane B

Panasonic G1 + Olympus G.Zuiko 40mm f/1.4​

Your comments always appreciated!
I like this one a lot. There's so much to take in--color, details, a bit of humor (to me). Just very nice. It grabbed me immediately and then I had to spend time just----browsing.

Diane

Michiel Schierbeek

Two Photographs with the Meyer Lydith 30 mm f.3.5 in Exakta mount.
Another nice old Meyer lens.
Michiel

Entrance of a secondary schoolbuilding.

Michiel Schierbeek

Snow is gone and now waiting for some green. G1 14-45 kit lens.

Yeah, the kitlens is very sharp! Nice reflection too, you wouldn't have that if the trees wer green :lecture:

Talking about sharpness. I have here two photographs with the same subject made with different lensen, on different days with two different camera's.
So this must be the ultimate scientific test :LOL:

G1 with Leica Elmarit 90mm

E-3 with Meyer Orestor 135mm 2.8

Michiel Schierbeek

Like especially the last one very much, nice composition. Real citylife!
Was this shot from a riding train through a (dirty)window. Just wondering because it has more noise then the first one.
Or was it just darker.
Michiel

HansenTsang

The rained finally slowed down enough to take some pictures.

These were taken with the Panasonic G1, Voigtlander 40 f1.4 Leica M bayonet mount and a Raynox 150 close up lens.

Last edited: