The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Terry

The fern frond is superb and. I was trying to do so close ups with the 45-200 and the Canon 250D but I wasn't doing all that well. I was also finding that the weight of the closeup lens was making the zoom creep down when the lens was point down ward. Time to get a bunch of flowers and do some in house practice with no wind. :D

Godfrey

Like especially the last one very much, nice composition. Real citylife!
Was this shot from a riding train through a (dirty)window. Just wondering because it has more noise then the first one.
Or was it just darker.
thanks Michiel!

yes, it was made shooting through the car window, the contrast was lower. I like the deep tones it contains along with the softness.

wjlapier

G1 with 45-200 kit lens. Girls with Polaroids ;) I talked to the girl on the left and she showed me a pic she had just developed! They were a fun bunch to talk to :D

W

wblynch

G1 with 45-200 kit lens. Girls with Polaroids ;) I talked to the girl on the left and she showed me a pic she had just developed! They were a fun bunch to talk to :D
question is, where do they get film?

Brian Mosley

Getting out with my very first Olympus DSLR - the E-400...

E-400 + ZD 14-35mm f2
1/40s f/6.3 at 14.0mm iso100

Kind Regards

Brian

jonoslack

. . . . . and I'm not sure what this was for; not for harvesting plastic carrots though!

again, it's the 12-60 (such a good lens)
This is a beautiful barn, on the side of the road at Quiddenham in Norfolk, but it almost never gets sunlight, so this was a lucky shot.

Diane B

Today finally got some fiddlehead (new Christmas fern fronds emerging) photos. Took a bit, tried a few different lenses and closeup possibilities.

G1 FD 135 f/2.8 with 25mm extension tube

G1 45-200 with Cokin 3+ (I think) closeup lens--looks prehistoric this close, doesn't it (which it is).

and the G1 135 f/2.8 again with 20mm extension tubes (and distracting background)

Bit of wind this morning for my tries, so shot this afternoon, but then light created distracting background coming through a picket fence, so in the first I had my ever cooperative husband hold my Domke 5xb bag behind with the flap up--couldn't find my black board in my studio. Him standing there seemed to also redirect the light--I didn't use a reflector.

Diane

scho

A few shots taken today on a walk along the stream below my house. G1 with the CV f/2 Ultron. Dark day and should have used a tripod.

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice photographs and what a wild place you live. :thumbup:
Makes me even more looking forward to use my CV lenses when the adapter arrives.
Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Yesterday I took some photographs on my bike, while biking myself, in Amsterdam. It is a city of cyclists. Works quiet good with the G1 and kit lens.
Just on my daily trip to my studio.
Michiel

scho

Thank you Michiel. Your nice biking shots suggest that you are enjoying a pleasant spring in Amsterdam. As usual, spring is late arriving this year in Ithaca.

Brian Mosley

Thanks Jono, Woody... I think I've got a B&W style sorted in Lightzone now Jono - just need to find the right kind of image.

In the meantime, here's a shot from this afternoon of my youngest daughter enjoying some old technology :ROTFL:

G1 + 4/3rds adapter + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/60s f/2.8 iso100

Kind Regards

Brian