The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Michiel Schierbeek

This image is not unlike some of the city images in an exhibition currently at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. You can read a review and see some of the photos here:

http://artblart.wordpress.com/category/documentary-photography/

Check out ‘Window Reflection - French Building’ by Sherril Schell (American, 1877 – 1964)

Your street scape is much more about the people of course. But your harbour work is much more about the forms.
Yes I like the sculptural aspects of things.

Thank you CharlieH for this interesting link. I bookmarked it.
The photographs by Sherril Schell, I didn't know. Fantastic! Especially the second with the diagonals in it, so typical for architectural American photography of that period. I love it.

In antother post I was saying that I find it hard to photograph people from nearby with a wideangle ( Oly 9-18) lens. A 25 mm pancake is less obtrusive, of course. It is a trade on it's own, i think.
Rick Waldrup shows here how to do it! Very nice!

Kind regards, Michiel

scho

G1+Shen-Hao PTB45+Rodenstock MC Sironar-N 180mm f/5.6. A 3/3 stitch, down sampled from 48 MP original.

scho

G1+Shen-Hao PTB45+Rodenstock MC Sironar-N 180mm f/5.6. A 3/3 stitch, down sampled from 48 MP original.

A couple of 100% crops from the original 48 MP file:

cjlacz

A few of us went down to the Futakotamagawa station and played around with off camera flash most of Sunday afternoon. I've never been a big fan of flash, but now that I'm learning how to use it it definitely has it's place.

Shot with the E-510 the ZD7-14 and off camera flash.

A picture of the bonsai I made on Saturday. The owner of the bar asked me to come down for the class. One of the TV stations was filming for a very short segment that will run on Friday. Now I can say I've had my 10 seconds of fame on TV. :D

E-510 and the PL25mm stealing a bit of the camera crew's lightning.

Leica 77

A few of us went down to the Futakotamagawa station and played around with off camera flash most of Sunday afternoon. I've never been a big fan of flash, but now that I'm learning how to use it it definitely has it's place.

Shot with the E-510 the ZD7-14 and off camera flash.

A picture of the bonsai I made on Saturday. The owner of the bar asked me to come down for the class. One of the TV stations was filming for a very short segment that will run on Friday. Now I can say I've had my 10 seconds of fame on TV. :D
E-510 and the PL25mm stealing a bit of the camera crew's lightning
Hello cjlacz,

The images recorded at Futakotamagawa look very nice. I especially like the one by the Tama River. There seems to be more water in the river than usual. Is it because of the rainiy season in Japan? Best regards, Leica 77 :)

cjlacz

Hello cjlacz,

The images recorded at Futakotamagawa look very nice. I especially like the one by the Tama River. There seems to be more water in the river than usual. Is it because of the rainiy season in Japan? Best regards, Leica 77 :)
I'll be putting a few more up soon. I found shooting people in glasses can have other problems besides just reflections. I'll post an example later.

It was kind of raining off and on this week, but it was coming down pretty constantly on Sunday. This was shortly before we left and the water was noticeable higher then when we arrived.