The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

JBurnett

I'm new to the forum and to 4/3rds, specifically the E-P1. It's a fun camera especially with manual focus lenses. Here are a few from last Friday at the parking lot of the local mall where car enthusiasts gather. It's like a car show every week. These were taken with the E-P1 and CV Nokton 50mm f1.1.
High-performance lens meets high-performance autos! Very nice shots, and there are many more great ones on your site. As your pictures demonstrate so well, one of the chief advantages of fast lenses is the creative flexibility that a narrow depth of field gives a photographer.

kirio

Thank you Cindy, John, LisaR and Brian for the warm welcome. I'm really enjoying the E-P1.

Cindy, I love the IR photos. I'm very much into IR myself but with converted Nikon cameras, currently a D80.

Lili

Not High Art, but I very much like the light and the way the e410/25mm handle the light and colors.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy,

I love your G1 IR photo's

Howard
Thank you, Howard. I am having so much fun with the G1 IR. The best part is that you can shoot IR in the middle of the day when the contrast would be too high for other shooting.
I am really happy with the job that Precision Camera did. I would recommend them to anyone thinking of the conversion.:thumbs:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Beautiful IR shots Cindy! I think I need an IR E-P1... My IR Nikon D80 is starting to look big now that I've been taking the E-P1 most of the time.

My IR photos, not 4/3rds (yet)
Thanks, Anthony. I'm really spoiled having my two G1's, the kit lens and a couple of smalll primes in my bag. (I keep my E-P1 in my purse.) I'm good to go in any situation.:p
Your IR gallery contains so many inspiring shots. My favorites are the twisted tree, the sculpture and the bicycle. It is amazing how IR can turn an ordinary scene into something so beautiful.

Bill Gordon

Just gorgeous shots Cindy, I luv 'em!! I just got the Pen and am very impressed with it. I will give it a good work out tomorrow and perhaps have some results!!

micek

Shot while on a coffee break, to relieve the boredom of slugging through an endless medical translation...
Olympus E-500.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy you are making me lust for that Nokton!!
Lisa, The Nokton is growing on me. At first I was put off by the 1 meter close focusing distance. The Nokton is very sharp and has nice OOF area. I'm learning to appreciate its attributes.
If you are thinking of the Nokton, you might want to try to locate a Pen-F 42mm f/1.2. It has a close focus distance of .35 meters and is smaller.

Bill Gordon, Thanks for your support.

LisaR

Awesome thanks for the info. I have been anxiously awaiting my adapater from jinfinace so I can try some of my Nikon AIS glass and then determine whatelse I might need/want.

leif e

Ended up with an Oly E-520 as my digital (at least for a while) and beginning to like it. No adapters yet, so the almost comically tiny 2,8/25 is doing it´s best to charm me. This is my youngest son.
leif e

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Ended up with an Oly E-520 as my digital (at least for a while) and beginning to like it. No adapters yet, so the almost comically tiny 2,8/25 is doing it´s best to charm me. This is my youngest son.
leif e
Excellent portrait, Leif!:thumbs:

Lili

leif e
Leif, very very good! That little Zuiko is one of my favorite lenses, I rather hope she succeeds in charming you ;)