The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Terry

Haha....at least with 150mm effective focal length you can lurk a little further away and aren't completely in her face. These look good. The Shasta shot on the Canon thread was amazing but I have to say the one with the canoe here is also simply superb.

How are you processing the Oly files?

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Terry. At the moment, I'm converting to DNG, and using LR2.

I like the B&W conversions I'm getting from LR2, but the color conversions still feel a bit "harsh" to me. I'm hoping for an improvement when they finalize the LR2 support for the E-P1.

V

Vivek

That Oly 17 with Ricoh converter works well - I have to do it (I've got the Ricoh bit, just have to find the filter)

Keith
Yes, it does (perhaps it is better than the 17mm lens itself). :)

But the 25/1.3 Computar-TV lens is head and shoulders above all this. ;)

Panasonic G1, Computar-TV 25/1.3.

(It was the light and not the lenses).

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Regarding the questions on how to get a full image vs thumbnail on your posts...

If you attach an image, it will always show up as a thumbnail. If you want to show the full image, first upload it into your gallery, and then link to the image in your gallery.

These changes were implemented about 8 weeks ago.

Mike

kirio

Here are a few taken with the E-P1 and CV 21mm Color Skopar during a short photowalk with friends in San Jose's Santana Row.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Anthony - very nice photos!

Just curious - where in Santana Row did you spot these beautiful scenes? I live nearby, and go there often, but don't recall seeing these scenes.

Thanks,
Mike

LisaR

I received my JinFinance adpater for my Nikon lenses so I thought I would try my Tamron 90 macro on a few flowers this morning.

JBurnett

I received my JinFinance adpater for my Nikon lenses so I thought I would try my Tamron 90 macro on a few flowers this morning.
Very nice, Lisa. The Tamron 90 was one of my favourite lenses on my Canon DSLR. Unfortunately, there isn't an aperture ring in the Canon EF mount version. Fortunately, however, there are many other excellent choices for macro in micro-4/3.

kirio

The windows are on Tatum Ln, near the H&M store, on the opposite side of the road. On Olin Ave, the same building has a section of old doors.

Anthony - very nice photos!

Just curious - where in Santana Row did you spot these beautiful scenes? I live nearby, and go there often, but don't recall seeing these scenes.

Thanks,
Mike

V

Vivek

This is another old snap. Reprocessed recently (after a new monitor).

Panasonic G1, Computar 25/1.3