Site Sponsors
Page 7 of 137 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Thank you for your kind comment, Brian. The quality of the Nokton is realy very good. I compared it with my Panaleica 14-150 at the same focal length and i think the Nokton is on pair, or even a tic sharper.

Karl

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Karl,

I really love the pictures, especially your riverside capture which paints the wonderful pastel colors of the distant buildings in contrast to sharp solid tones of the people on the pathway.

I am a bit intrigued by the pictures overall as the CV Nokton 40 is not known for always having a great mid to far distance, out-of-focus bokeh. None of your pictures shows the harshness that it can at times demonstrate. Have you noticed any of this in other captures? Personally I love the size and feel of the lens and do not mind editing out the pictures which have the harsh somewhat frenetic fade in focus in order to get its speed and sharp sharp imaging in focus.

I guess the question is whether you feel that the G1 is somewhat more forgiving of this lens in the way it draws an image?

Thanks,

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Beautiful work, Karl. The last one would make a wonderful postcard.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience the Nokton draws the same on the G1 as it does on any other camera. Here is a link about the lens stating that the harshness reputation is not always warranted: http://www.ziforums.com/showthread.p...ghlight=nokton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    Karl,

I really love the pictures, especially your riverside capture which paints the wonderful pastel colors of the distant buildings in contrast to sharp solid tones of the people on the pathway.

I am a bit intrigued by the pictures overall as the CV Nokton 40 is not known for always having a great mid to far distance, out-of-focus bokeh. None of your pictures shows the harshness that it can at times demonstrate. Have you noticed any of this in other captures? Personally I love the size and feel of the lens and do not mind editing out the pictures which have the harsh somewhat frenetic fade in focus in order to get its speed and sharp sharp imaging in focus.

I guess the question is whether you feel that the G1 is somewhat more forgiving of this lens in the way it draws an image?

Thanks,

Bob
    Cindy and Bob, thank you for your friendly comments,.

I use the Nokton only a for few days, so I can not say much about the bokeh, especially nothing negativ. Perhaps it performs better at the G1 with the 2x Crop?

Karl

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Karl, Beautiful shots with the little 40/1.4 Nokton on the G1. Bokeh with this lens can be somewhat unpredictable, but in your nice museum shots it looks just fine. I used this lens awhile ago on a Bessa and RD-1 and loved it. I had mounting problems with the same lens on my M8 so I sold it, but purchased another copy a few months ago in anticipation of getting a G1 and I'm very glad that I did. Your pictures confirm that this can be a great lens on the G1.

Regards,
    Carl

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Friedel View Post
    I have a lot of fun with my new combination G1 with Novoflex adapter and CV Nokton 1,4/40. This lens fits ideal with G1: small and fast! Together with the upcoming Pana 20mm it will be a wonderfull lightweight camera. Here some examples:
    Excellent Carl, and what an enticing combination.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, I just got a pancake LTM 28mm 2.8 lens for my G1 from eBay.. and it cost $19 + shipping It weighs just over 50 grams and is about 1.5cm thick. Its the industar 69 and it was made for the Chajka camera.

I guess the reason its so cheap (even for a Russian toy lens) is that although it fits on the M39 thread, there is no rangefinder coupling so focusing was by guessing... until the G1 came along!

You still have to do a bit of modding as described here to get it to focus to infinity.

The weather here has been terrible and I've got the flu, but I've included one picture (done with a LTM extension ring) just to show that the pictures come out WAY better than the samples on eBay.

Post Thanks / Like

Just Havign fun.. using R-50 Lux R to 4/3 and 4/3 to m4/3 adapters on the G1. Wide open, jpg, resized and posted. No Post Processing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wow, that is sharp wide open... tremendous!

Here's a shot of my Hexanon 40mm f1.8 attached to the G1, via the 4/3rds adapter...

And here's a grab shot, taken wide open with this lens on the G1.

Kind Regards

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Oly can do it as well

Jungle is here...
    ( its a small pic due to small jungle... lol )

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking at the many fine images on this thread, and appreciate the good photography that went into them. I have to say however, that to my eyes many have a slightly "too clean", plastic quality. The ones I have liked the best in terms of a more organic IQ seemed to all have started as Raw files. Assuming most of the others are in camera JPGs, perhaps the camera uses too much noise reduction for my taste, or in some other way makes JPGs that leave me looking for more. I tend to always shoot Raw, so this in no way precludes the camera for me. Anyone else see anything like this in the JPGs? best....Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Peter, it's interesting that Panasonic use Silkypix as there RAW converter - so the jpeg engine (Venus IV?) will likely be producing a completely different image to one created from RAW.

I do think that Silkypix has quite a good NR scheme - but I now prefer to use Qimage Studio which has very little NR - I feel the same way about NR, don't like plastic look... RAW is the way to go IMHO... unlike the Oly E-System cams which have a superb JPEG engine built in.

Kind Regards

Brian

kiloran

A couple more with the Canon 50mm f/1.2 but stopped down this time. Processed in Lightroom. I continue to be impressed by the little sensor in this cam. And anyone who thought that the Canon was iffy stopped down should take a look at the brickwork on the full size version of the house photo...

Photostream for full version is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiloran

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Friedel View Post
    I have a lot of fun with my new combination G1 with Novoflex adapter and CV Nokton 1,4/40. This lens fits ideal with G1: small and fast!

Karl
    Oh no Just what I needed. Yet another reason to buy the G1 and the Nokton. I suspected that this would be a killer combo, and your photos confirm that.

And the G1 isn't even available in this country

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mosley View Post
    Hi Peter, it's interesting that Panasonic use Silkypix as there RAW converter - so the jpeg engine (Venus IV?) will likely be producing a completely different image to one created from RAW.

I do think that Silkypix has quite a good NR scheme - but I now prefer to use Qimage Studio which has very little NR - I feel the same way about NR, don't like plastic look... RAW is the way to go IMHO... unlike the Oly E-System cams which have a superb JPEG engine built in.

Kind Regards

Brian
    Hi Brian- Silkypix is an excellent converter, I used it exclusively till moving to Raw Developer for the M8 and just liking it's output for other's as well. Your conversions with Qimage looked great, I hadn't heard of it before. As to the G1 JPGs, I would suspect that the small pixel size from 12 million on a reduced size sensor would lead to increased noise, and perhaps they apply too much reduction on in camera JPGs. How is the noise in Raw files, NR off, at Iso 800 and up? best....Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Peter,

this is the straight RAW conversion - zero sharpening, zero NR at ISO 800... pushed by approximately 1EV, so I'm guession more like ISO 1600.

A 100% crop :

Kind Regards

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another iso 800 shot. Just got the tele zoom, wide open, handheld at 1/13th, f5.0, at 84mm; processed in LR with slight sharpening

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good example - I know that people say 'you can't tell anything from a web sized sample'... but I think the overall quality you see above would translate well to a 16" x 12" print. Print is very forgiving of noise (as is downsampling for the web).

Kind Regards

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Brian- Thanks. It seems clear that the camera applies pretty strong NR for it's JPGs. If your example was 1ev underexposed in camera, it may have exaggerated the noise as it's better if anything to slightly overexpose in camera and then pull back in post to control higher iso noise. But if this is close to what Raw iso 800 looks like with no NR, I'd say it's a fairly noisy sensor by current standards. best...Peter

Post Thanks / Like

I agree - I was impressed. I have no problem using iso 800. Wouln't even think twice about it. I was also impressed that, using the IS, I was able to hand hold at 1/13th, at almost a 168mm (ff equivalent) focal length and get that sharpness. Try that with an M8 and see what happens!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hey, I was quite happy with an LX1... I don't focus on 100% pixel level noise -I focus on the big picture.

The G1, developed from RAW using Qimage Studio really suits me fine... I would happily shoot upto 800ISO without a 2nd thought, as I said - the image above is approx 1600ISO straight from the sensor at 100% pixel peeping level.

Kind Regards

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Two recent G1 shots. I'm finding that low ISO RAW files from this camera can take a lot of manipulation before showing any strain.
    Last edited by Arne Hvaring; 8th July 2009 at 13:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

To me the G1 is more than just fun. When you think that you can take a $700 body (think of the kit lens as a freebie) and with appropriate adapters use arguably the best RF lenses on the planet (and some of the best DSLR lenses as well) with a sensor that really delivers the Micro 4/3 is a system to be reckoned with for a long time to come.

I have two M8 bodies which I love and will probably never sell. But if I was starting over the situation would be one M8 and one G1. No point in having a second $6200 body just to protect yourself from the too often failures of the M8. And with this rig, no UV/IR filters etc. I don't mean to imply that the G1 is all the M8 is. No way. The M8 is still a special camera and harkins back to simpler times, built the Leica way, and you get wonderful files.

Mine will be delivered soon. I hope to be making images soon and will post if there is anything is either technically interesting or artistically compelling to share.

Three cheers for the G1 and the micro four thirds standard. The utility of the M lenses will continue for another 100 years

Woody

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    To me the G1 is more than just fun. When you think that you can take a $700 body (think of the kit lens as a freebie) and with appropriate adapters use arguably the best RF lenses on the planet (and some of the best DSLR lenses as well) with a sensor that really delivers the Micro 4/3 is a system to be reckoned with for a long time to come.

I have two M8 bodies which I love and will probably never sell. But if I was starting over the situation would be one M8 and one G1. No point in having a second $6200 body just to protect yourself from the too often failures of the M8. And with this rig, no UV/IR filters etc. I don't mean to imply that the G1 is all the M8 is. No way. The M8 is still a special camera and harkins back to simpler times, built the Leica way, and you get wonderful files.

Mine will be delivered soon. I hope to be making images soon and will post if there is anything is either technically interesting or artistically compelling to share.

Three cheers for the G1 and the micro four thirds standard. The utility of the M lenses will continue for another 100 years

Woody
    Woody,

My sentiments exactly.

I had no idea what was to be expected with the G1.

But the more I read the more intrigued I became and the more I realized why Pop Photo named it camera of the year when both Nikon and Canon rolled out hitters like the D700 and 5DMkII. No slouches in the image making arena.

Not by a long shot.

But viewing systems aside, and I see the benefits of both the extraordinary EVF of the G1 (which coming from the grainy D2 is like seeing light for the first time) as well as the amazingly clear, bright (if occasionally errant) rangefinder of the M8 preferred by traditionalists for all the right reasons of intimate capture whilst in the midst of any action, the images produced by this innocent $800 wonder, particularly when using low ISOs of 400 or less, shooting in RAW, with the added enhancement of being able to also use some of the finest optics ever developed, is, to me, nothing short of amazing.

What a camera! In my opinion it can hold its own against every other camera full frame and under.

I can't recall looking forward to using a camera as much as I do with this one.

Peter
    Life is an infinite series of moments called..."now".
    My job is to capture them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
    Here's another iso 800 shot. Just got the tele zoom, wide open, handheld at 1/13th, f5.0, at 84mm; processed in LR with slight sharpening
    Beautiful dog by the way, Weimaraner I guess
    Peter

Post Thanks / Like

I'm quite happy with my G1 also--I don't have other lenses--yet, but still enjoying it. This is handheld--45-200 lens the first day I had it-- in very low light and a dark fuzzy dog f/4.5 1/20s ISO800 84mm (effectively 35mm 168mm)/

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    I'm quite happy with my G1 also--I don't have other lenses--yet, but still enjoying it. This is handheld--45-200 lens the first day I had it-- in very low light and a dark fuzzy dog f/4.5 1/20s ISO800 84mm (effectively 35mm 168mm)/

HI Diane
    Lovely picture (looks like a lovely dog too).
    I'm glad you're having fun. How do you feel about the IQ in comparison with your Canons?

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petermcwerner View Post
    Beautiful dog by the way, Weimaraner I guess
    Peter
    Yes, he's a Weimaraner. He's a handful, but a great dog. He poses for the camera! I now understand why William Wegman shot them!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI Diane
    Lovely picture (looks like a lovely dog too).
    I'm glad you're having fun. How do you feel about the IQ in comparison with your Canons?
    I was honestly skeptical at first. I've done a few comparisons with the 5D and some good primes, though not Ls (and the 14-45). I did them on tripod, grey lifeless sky and no sun, shot in RAW and processed in LR 2.2 (which I know quite well, so got good results from the files). I found if I increased the contrast, clarity, gave the G1 files a bit more capture sharpening, the photos were really quite close (I used same settings--understanding that the difference in the FF vs. 4/3rds sensor would result in some differences). I was very happy with the results. I didn't print any of those, but did print several files from others (Uwe Steinmuller's test for one) before I got the camera--up to 11 x 17---didn't try any larger. I don't think the DR is quite comparable but that can be gotten around also. The color is quite good also--lots to like.

All in all---I feel a lot more confident using the G1 than I did before. I also found that a well exposed ISO800 was quite good---I wouldn't take a poorly exposed ISO800 and try to push and pull it, but I try not to take those LOL.

I feel sure I will eventually buy some alternative glass but I'm going to be patient (the economy insists a bit on that LOL) and see what Panny and Oly offer in the next 6 mos for the m4/3rds and of course there's legacy glass--- and in the meantime acquaint myself with what I need to fill in for my needs (I need at least one if not more fast lens--if good, the 20 f/1.7 will do fine). I'm following very closely about adaptors, lenses--and possible good alternatives that aren't over the moon, price wise. I'm also trying to keep in mind one of my reasons for originally buying it--keeping it small.

To sum my feelings up ---I suspect I will use this camera WAY more than I initially suspected--buying it, in truth, just to use in place of the G9 ( and the used 400D I bought this summer to use instead of the G9 which I don't enjoy shooting with) for hiking, long hours of urban walking or extra camera for travel. I'm just having great fun shooting with it --love the MF assist, finding the IS is very good, like the EVF much much more than I would have thought. All in all--there have been 2 cameras I've really hoped for--an affordable FF and a quite small interchangeable lens camera with good IQ--and got both. Technology amazes sometimes LOL.

BTW--Molly is my 2 yr. old Standard Poodle--I have an almost 13 yr. old black also (Kate). We refer to them as the 'farm poodles' --great retrieving background dogs (and tough as blazes to shoot--fuzzy, black and dark brown and fast LOL). She, esp., is usually in motion--though they are both great house dogs.

Hope you are staying warm over there. Its the coldest in years and years here in the SE (NC foothills)--I watched the temp tumble this morning--down to 10 deg. I know that's nothing in terms of the midwest and northeast US, but we have 'thin blood' LOL--and no clothes to really be able to stay outside for long periods of time without many MANY layers LOL--and then you can't move, let alone shoot a camera.

Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm just having great fun shooting with it --love the MF assist, finding the IS is very good, like the EVF much much more than I would have thought.
    Hi Diane, I'm quite surprised that you're using MF assist with your 14-45... why is that? the CDAF seems to be very accurate and flexible. I really like the focus tracking mode - where you can lock focus on a point and recompose while the camera maintains focus on the same point.

CDAF is a triumph on this camera - and with future camera processors getting faster, I wouldn't be surprised if CDAF becomes even more intelligent and accurate for real world shooting.

Kind Regards

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
    Yes, he's a Weimaraner. He's a handful, but a great dog. He poses for the camera! I now understand why William Wegman shot them!
    And a black Doberman Pinscher living together?
    I used to have a white Doberman, his face looked very much like your Weimaraner, therefore I was not sure.
    Peter Werner
    Leica M8, R9+DMR & Digilux 2; Nikon D700; Panasonic FX01, FX150 & G1; Samsung TL350 (WB 2000)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mosley View Post
    Hi Diane, I'm quite surprised that you're using MF assist with your 14-45... why is that? the CDAF seems to be very accurate and flexible. I really like the focus tracking mode - where you can lock focus on a point and recompose while the camera maintains focus on the same point.
    Maybe just because I can LOL. I agree the AF is very good. But--its also very nice to be able to move your focus just a bit. For instance (this happens to be with the 45-200), in this one, (just shooting for fun)

it was relatively dark, contrast was low and to get auotfocus I had to use the right lower hand side of the glasses frame--I wanted the left side--just to the left of the nosepiece-- so just used MF assist and moved the focus where I chose (harder to see in this downsized version, but its apparent when you look at a larger version on a bigger monitor). I do the same with the 14-45--not always certainly but when I find I need or want to. I'll try your method also, but sometimes for closer shooting, it seems so easy to use MF assist.

Addendum:--I tried the AFC also--both work well, but because I've been using MF assist, its very fast for me with the 2 Panny lenses. I did also notice a difference in the histo which I'll explore a bit more to understand what's happening--I'm sure its because I haven't locked AE in AFC--I'll have to play with both more to see which I prefer. BUT--isn't it terrific that we have the 2 choices?!?! Actually 3---I can go to Direct AF also and move the AF point wherever I want. I'm very used to using the center point for AF, so I have to adjust a bit here LOL.

Diane
    Last edited by Diane B; 16th January 2009 at 08:23. Reason: additional thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, sorry but i'm really bored.

G1 14-45 kit lens.

Balancing act.

Cruzer.

Mark.
    Last edited by mark1000; 16th January 2009 at 12:46.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mark1000 View Post
    Hi guys, sorry but i'm really bored.

G1 14-45 kit lens.

Balancing act.

Cruzer.
    Mark.
    Fine with me--I like to see what others are doing with it---I just have to find some interesting subjects. Over the years I've shot a great deal around the farm--so I'm bored with that LOL. Really like the first one.

Just a bit more on why I'm using MF assist--I tried the AFC--just with a couple of objects on a table that I could play with. What I found, for me, is that using the MF assist is similar to using an anglefinder C with my tilt shift lens on the 5D (but MUCH nicer in actual use ) whereas using AFC is like moving my AF point around (though it certainly can be placed easier)--but the Achilles heel for me with AFC was that with lower contrast, I couldn't get the focus to be as precise as MF assist--or sometimes actually 'stick'. In many circumstances, I can see it would be the option to use, but for times I want more precise focus, MF assist would be my choice.

BTW--I do find the AF of the G1 to be really doggone good.

Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Diane

Yes, I've been surprised and impressed with the AF too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post

Woody
    Hi Woody,
    more or less my feeling re the G1 too. As I have said before, this is a landmark product and I think we're now only in the stoneage of advanced EVF cameras that will eventually revolutionize the concept of DSLRs. I wonder when Canon & Nikon will enter the game, no doubt they have by now noticed the stir the G1 has caused in the photographic community.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok folks- A blue devil is on the way. As always, it's all your fault! best....Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Fine with me--I like to see what others are doing with it---I just have to find some interesting subjects. Over the years I've shot a great deal around the farm--so I'm bored with that LOL. Really like the first one.

Just a bit more on why I'm using MF assist--I tried the AFC--just with a couple of objects on a table that I could play with. What I found, for me, is that using the MF assist is similar to using an anglefinder C with my tilt shift lens on the 5D (but MUCH nicer in actual use ) whereas using AFC is like moving my AF point around (though it certainly can be placed easier)--but the Achilles heel for me with AFC was that with lower contrast, I couldn't get the focus to be as precise as MF assist--or sometimes actually 'stick'. In many circumstances, I can see it would be the option to use, but for times I want more precise focus, MF assist would be my choice.

Diane
    I'm finding the MF assist mode very user friendly myself, i never bothered with MF before with my previous camera's ( all Bridge) that i had, but this G1's MF is a different animal all together.

Mark.

Bhakti-rider

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Interesting Terry came by this morning with her G1 and 75 cron bolted on. Darn who needs the 10x focusing aid. I was nailing everything in sight wide open but what no one mentioned or i missed was the auto EF adjustment when you stop down the EF stays bright , hello that is magic. That's it as soon as my Oly sells i am getting a G1. I waited and let you folks be the guinea pigs for a change. Now it's my turn and this forum will never be the same.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guy Mancuso, so what you are saying, that with the G1, when you stop down the aperture ring, the EVF automatically increases sensitivity to give the same brightness image? or is there a clutch in the adapter that automatically closes the aperture to the desired amount upon depressing the shutter?

Mazor

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Guy! Your presence will make our exploration of the many possibilities the G1 opens up a lot more fun. One thing I'll be curious to see, is direct comparisons of some M and F lenses on the same body in controlled settings, such as the 28/2 from both camps, and my 50 rigid cron vs my zeiss 50/2. best...Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Mazor... trying not to answer for Guy, but yes, the EF adjust itself and stays bright. There are no coupling between G1 & Leica 75 Cron lens. This is a very useful feature to help in Focusing. Another helpful feature is that you can zoom in to focus too. The EF stays bright. I am able to focus my 50M Nocti so much better on the G1 than on my M8

Robert.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Exactly so you can be at your working aperture at all times , so if it is F8 say than the EV still is F2 in brightness. Anyone coming from Canon for example that used leica lenses you worked in stop down fashion open up to focus and close down to shoot. What a pain that was , now you can be at any aperture and the finder is always at the widest aperture of the lens in brightness. This makes using alternative lenses on the G1 a absolute breeze to use. Thanks Robert for answering.

Maybe my first lens to get after the kit lens maybe the Leica 50 1.4 pre- Asph. I feel that Leica tug at me again. LOL

Now not to drift to far off topic but this maybe better at focusing than the M8 which is somewhat a bear with the longer lenses.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like

thx for your fast answers,

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Exactly so you can be at your working aperture at all times , so if it is F8 say than the EV still is F2 in brightness. Anyone coming from Canon for example that used leica lenses you worked in stop down fashion open up to focus and close down to shoot. What a pain that was , now you can be at any aperture and the finder is always at the widest aperture of the lens in brightness. This makes using alternative lenses on the G1 a absolute breeze to use. Thanks Robert for answering.

Maybe my first lens to get after the kit lens maybe the Leica 50 1.4 pre- Asph. I feel that Leica tug at me again. LOL

Now not to drift to far off topic but this maybe better at focusing than the M8 which is somewhat a bear with the longer lenses.
    Mr. Farkas has a beauty in the buy/sell forum.

Guy, there is one caveat to the gain up on the EVF. As the sensor gets less light it does get noisier and grainy. So, if you are starting in cr*p light the viewfinder can't do miracles. That being said the M8 isn't a breeze in bad light or a least for me (I have a fair number of misses).
    Last edited by Terry; 17th January 2009 at 18:08.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Terry I should have brought that up but we are really only concerned at focusing and it still did okay.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Hvaring View Post
    Hi Woody,
    more or less my feeling re the G1 too. As I have said before, this is a landmark product and I think we're now only in the stoneage of advanced EVF cameras that will eventually revolutionize the concept of DSLRs. I wonder when Canon & Nikon will enter the game, no doubt they have by now noticed the stir the G1 has caused in the photographic community.
    Now we just need a G6 which has a MF-sized-sensor and takes the Lenses from Mamiya 6 and 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Guy, just keep an eye out for the G1HD specs before you pull the trigger - I'll do my best to get any advance info.

Cheers

Brian