The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

V

Vivek

It is a great topic to tackle when you are sick, down and moping around.;):D

I have streams of snaps using this lens from this week...

M

MrAdrenalin

Looking great Vivek, how about a portrait with the same lens?
Still waiting for those pictures from the 50mm f1.4 fujinon TV-lens as well...:)

I hope you get well soon!

V

Vivek

Thanks, Leica77 and Magnus.

Getting a suitable cooperative subject for a portrait isn't easy. Either it is a flat no or funny poses/costumes.

Anyway, here are two with the lens wide open and ~1.5 meters.

V

Vivek

Thanks, Jim and Leica77.

This one (same lens/aperture) at a higher ISO and a bit of luck.:)

Diane B

I just think both of those portrait shots are terrific. What a fun kid you have for a subject. Love the second one with the mask.

Diane

V

Vivek

Leica77, Interesting places you get to! These are difficult to photograph, I would think. No good vantage points and no lens would do justice to capture the treasures.

Thanks for sharing!:)

Leica 77

Leica77, Interesting places you get to! These are difficult to photograph, I would think. No good vantage points and no lens would do justice to capture the treasures.

Thanks for sharing!:)
Hi my friends Vivek and Diane,
Many thanks for your kind comments. Indeed, it was no easy task to take digital images inside the rather dark museum. Clusters of people move from one vantage place to another. Lots of pushing and pulling happen among the hundreds of visitors along the side of the hand rail. I waited until after most of the people had their opportunity to take their photos. I wish I had a 7-14mm superwide zoom there and a long tele zoom. However, there was almost no time to change the lens as another cluster of people was arriving at the viewing station. At any rate, it was a memorable fine visit to see the incredible terra cotta warriors in person in Xi'an. All the best to you, my friends! :)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Vivek, The photos of your son are really special.
Leica77, Love the terra cotta warriors.

Here is a shot with E-P1 and 17mm.

J

JohnF

Hi -

Seriously good images here!

Here's one of mine: E510, 40-150mm kit lens, panorama with 10133*2177 in the original (80MB TIFF, 28MB PNG, this one is a mere 568kb), using the Epic 100 panoramic robot head, taken from the top of the Empire State Building...

JohnF

Leica 77

Hi -

Seriously good images here!

Here's one of mine: E510, 40-150mm kit lens, panorama with 10133*2177 in the original (80MB TIFF, 28MB PNG, this one is a mere 568kb), using the Epic 100 panoramic robot head, taken from the top of the Empire State Building...

JohnF
High JohnF,
Nice pano from the top of the Empire State Building! We would like to see more :)