The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

woodyspedden

Wow

I am going to have to get one of these puppies and both of John's adapters. I can't imagine how good the Leica M primes will hold up given what is possible with the kit lens.

Thanks for the info

Woody

Howard

While I won't comment individually on all the photos posted on this thread, on the most part the IQ and composition of the photos posted are excellent and some outstanding, with only a few exceptions. Those who posted photos demonstrated both their individual competence and the capability of 4/3rds camera.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Joe, I love both of these. You certainly conveyed the cold temps up there in the frozen north with that first shot. The second shot was especially interesting to me because of the market headline.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Took the G1 into Yosemite yesterday, just dorking around a bit. These with the 14-45...

Terry

Hi Jack,
I was wondering when you were going to post pictures from the G1. Looks good...which child is an angel :angel: (not tall enough to be you - or can't imagine you wanting to lay down in the snow).

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jack,
I was wondering when you were going to post pictures from the G1. Looks good...which child is an angel :angel: (not tall enough to be you - or cn imagine you wanting to lay down in the snow).
That was my 15 yr old daughter's first snow angel -- not bad eh?

:D,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Back alley,

This is a great shot! I also am impressed by the tonal range in your B&W conversion and assume it is from the G1? Is that an in-camera B&W jpeg or do you process them in post? I am new to the G1 and would appreciate any details.

Thanks,

back alley

Back alley,

This is a great shot! I also am impressed by the tonal range in your B&W conversion and assume it is from the G1? Is that an in-camera B&W jpeg or do you process them in post? I am new to the G1 and would appreciate any details.

Thanks,
i shot jpeg, fine in the g1.
i open in photoshop elements 6 on my macbook.
i convert to b&w using ? (can't remember) and use the 'urban landscape' setting.
then i process with levels and a touch of unsharp mask.

pretty simple as i'm still learning.
joe

back alley

i convert to b&w using ? (can't remember) and use the 'urban landscape' setting.

joe
i don't see a way to edit my own post so i will quote myself and change what i said before.

i convert to black & white by using 'enhance', then 'convert to black and white', and use the urban/snapshot setting.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

joe
LOLOL! Well it looks great -- keep up the good work!!!