The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

barjohn

Here is a shot that show how the Rokkor 40 f2 image looks when shot with the GF1.

Last edited:

RichA

That would NEVER cross my mind as being in Ontario. No context (or is that a human back on the upper left?) to know what these are actually like--but they sure are interesting.
They are humans, kind of gives some scale to the scene. The mounds are dirt, soil that is compacted and eroding. The grey-green areas are shale layers.

I

Infrared-IR

Grandkids and Ice Cream...

The Grandkids after being told we were headed for Ice Cream:

Lumix G1 14~45

m_driscoll

I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

I can assure that I never tried to kill a cat....:thumbup:

However, the part about the cat taking a dump on my truck is very true.:D
I wasn't going to comment about your cat "issues". Thanks for the clarification. I bet that cat on the perch can't be stared down. Our cat can give me a withering look of disdain on occasion that reminds me who's in charge. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

JBurnett

Here is a shot that show how the Rokkor 40 f2 image looks when shot with the GF1.
The Rokkor is mounted on my camera more and more often. Maybe it's all in my head, but images from the Rokkor seem a little less "digital" in character.

Diane B

John, I like both of these, but the first is one of those shots of mundane subjects that appeals to me--for rather inexplicable reasons-- but I can go back and enjoy it over and over.

Terry

John,
I like both of these as well. I can't really pinpoint why the second one appeals to me (color/patterns/angle of view) but I've relooked at it several times there is something interesting there.

jonoslack

The day he died of natural causes, I threw a party in my head. Only I, was invited to dance the dance of the victorious. While others around me wept, I sat there with a maniacal grin on my face, much like Anthony Perkins at the end of the movie "Psycho". My wife knew what I was thinking and she never forgave me for the way I treated Mr. Snuggles.

R.I.P in you little bastard.
Hi Rick
Well, I really sympathise . . .Mr Snuggles has been reincarnated as an Abyssinian called Echo. This time around she is even more subtle, but she hates me like poison. She uses her feet (nicely muddied) as weapons, favorite targets are:

the cloth hood of my car - especially just after it's been washed . . muddy footprints up the bonnet, hairs woven into the hood, muddy footprints down the back.

Photographs - Print it and leave it on the printer for more than 3 milliseconds and she'll be there leaving her mark.

it's not just me either - she attacks the other two cats (one of whom is her daughter) on sight.

Even more sinister, when my wife is around she behaves as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

here is a recent character study - shot with the EP1 and the 45 macro:

here is a much older picture of her sucking up to a chicken . . . you can see by the chicken's expression that SHE has no illusions:

(I think this might have been taken with an Olympus E10 - so apologies)

JBurnett

John, I like both of these, but the first is one of those shots of mundane subjects that appeals to me--for rather inexplicable reasons-- but I can go back and enjoy it over and over.
John,
I like both of these as well. I can't really pinpoint why the second one appeals to me (color/patterns/angle of view) but I've relooked at it several times there is something interesting there.
Thank you both, very much. The few photos that eventually make it to the walls in my home are all "quietly interesting", rather than those that "demand" attention because they are so visually striking.

m3photo

Re: guy in the middle

m3, is the guy in the middle a Bengal?
HER name's Missie and she is (was) a stray I picked up when she was just 3 weeks old and bottle fed back to life but unfortunately she'll always stay as small as she is in the picture - but not to worry; I've passed on the compliment :D

Rick Waldroup

Hi Rick
Well, I really sympathise . . .Mr Snuggles has been reincarnated as an Abyssinian called Echo. This time around she is even more subtle, but she hates me like poison. She uses her feet (nicely muddied) as weapons, favorite targets are:

the cloth hood of my car - especially just after it's been washed . . muddy footprints up the bonnet, hairs woven into the hood, muddy footprints down the back.

Photographs - Print it and leave it on the printer for more than 3 milliseconds and she'll be there leaving her mark.

it's not just me either - she attacks the other two cats (one of whom is her daughter) on sight.

Even more sinister, when my wife is around she behaves as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.
Well, then, you know exactly what I was describing, don't you? :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
here is a much older picture of her sucking up to a chicken . . . you can see by the chicken's expression that SHE has no illusions:

THIS IS OUTSTANDING!!!

m_driscoll

Hi Rick

here is a recent character study - shot with the EP1 and the 45 macro:

My nemesis (also an Abyssinian) Aberystwyth, Abby for short. I'm lucky she lets me live and share the house. OK to take her photos as long as it's not for monetary gain. Cheers.

1. G1; 25mm f/1.4; 1/250s; ISO 100

2. GF1; 14-45mm; 1/250s @f/5.6; ISO 640

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

sangio

I've been avidly watching this thread since I joined. The quality of the images posted is outstanding; so much so, that I've been reluctant to post here.
But, since the topic drifted to cats, I can't help myself.

Taken while on vacation at Lago Maggiore, Italy this past May; with the G1 and 45-200 zoom at 200 mm, ISO 400.

cheers
Santo