The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

vincechu

Here's my first ever post - just like to say I'm really excited to be part of this online community as I've been reading the forums for a few days and was suprised with how friendly and supportive everyone is :)

The sun set from my bedroom window - Taken using a Panasonic G1 14-45mm kit lense, using "My Colour Mode" with saturation max and I think with the tones warmed up slightly - Cropped houses out of the image and used the "Shading section" under "Lens aberration controller" to darker the corners in Silkypix.

View attachment 25861

(Click for larger image - haven't worked out how to post larger images yet :confused:)

anyway hope you all like it =)

btw I'm becoming a big fan of Mike's work - especially the two in this thread "Last Leaf" and "Autumn Stream" - really inspirational :thumbup:, especially to a newbie like me who's just got into photography. Also makes me wonder if I should have bought the E-P1 instead of the G1:confused: but lets save that thought for another time/place ;)

-Vince

Godfrey

Re: Lost Paper

Congratulations on your new lens. I hope you find it a useful addition to your kit.
I like the shot!
Thanks Terry!

When my bud over at K&S told me they'd gotten a few in, I jumped for it. Luckily, the money rolled in the door at the same moment. Getting this lens has been my number one camera priority for a bit.

Now I can concentrate on shooting and consider which of the other 'short list' items is really important to my work. :)

JBurnett

Here's my first ever post
Welcome, Vince. It looks like you've already launched into experimenting with your G1 and with software "processing". Both the G-series and the E-P series are very capable tools for creative expression. Don't be afraid to ask questions and to keep posting your images. :thumbup:

JBurnett

a few from my new E-P2
with Oly 35 macro

Lovely shot, Lisa. That little lens is quite spectacular. I may part with mine as I just purchased the 45mm Macro. Although the 45 is a better fit for me overall, I think the 35 is equally as sharp, and possibly better in the corners.

Godfrey

Very nice, Lisa!

The 35 Macro has been a favorite of mine since before I obtained it ... A good friend was showing me what it could do fitted to an E-1 body. It's one of the things that drew me into FourThirds!

LisaR

Thanks all :)

Brian, I love the EP2, the size the build the sharpness, noise levels..it really is great. The EVF is very nice, I am still a bit of all thumbs when manually focusing but that will get better as I get more used to the contols , but after using it this week I can say I am very happy with it overall.

Thanks John and Godfrey..the 35 is very sharp, hunts a bit on AF sometimes but it is workable. If I want to manually focus I also have a Nikon 55 2.8 micro as well which in some instances might be faster than the AF.