The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

jonoslack

Hi Jono, nice... is it a keeper, do you think?

Cheers

Brian
Hi Brian
First I thought not . . . now I'm more convinced. It's such a different thing from the A900, the file quality seems good, I just wish it was weathersealed, but there you go.

Have a good trip to Paris!

Brian Mosley

Well, maybe the Pentax K-7 will be more convincing to Olympus than all of our appeals so far :banghead:

A weathersealed flagship, about the size of an E-620 would be quite delightful...

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't wait for the m4/3rds offering... I'm sure you'll want one too :D

Cheers

Brian

A

Alexander Bauer

Re: Wisteria

Thank you Alexander, I hardly ever crop, so this is a full capture on the G1 sensor. The 50mm original focal length is "doubled" of course.

amazing bokeh thanks

is your 50mm older version or new because the price I saw on ebay is crazy expensive like US$2000+

Winkel

Great shots everyone!

Here's a cow (Karmen) from my brother's farm - shot indoors with E-520 and Carl Zeiss Planar 85mm F1.4

Jim

Brian Mosley

Nice shot Godfrey,

we had a fabulous UKPSG event in Paris a couple of days ago... here's a couple of images, we're creating a group report.

1/1000s f/6.3 at 94.0mm iso200

1/250s f/6.3 at 150.0mm iso800

1/3s f/4.5 at 14.0mm iso100

Kind Regards

Brian

Friedel

@Godfrey:very nice gallery! @Brian: I would like to see more.

Here another shot from France, the famous "van Gogh" cafe in Arles

G1 with zuiko 9-18 at 9mm

Karl

Brian Mosley

@Karl, thanks - I love the deep colour you've gotten in your image, how are you processing your images?

More from Paris :

E-620 + ZD 7-14mm f4
1/200s f/6.3 at 7.0mm iso200

E-30 + PL 14-150mm f3.5-5.6
1/500s f/6.3 at 150.0mm iso200

1/160s f/6.3 at 80.0mm iso320

E-30 + ZD 14-35mm f2 SWD
1/3s f/2.0 at 21.0mm iso100

Kind Regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

Thanks Michiel, and sorry we weren't able to meet on this event... maybe next time.

Yes, that's quite an incredible structure!

E-620 + ZD 7-14mm f4
1/250s f/6.3 at 7.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Michiel, and sorry we weren't able to meet on this event... maybe next time.

Yes, I sure hope so. May be in Normandy. Exiting cliffs.
Still have to meet Marc (Cynops) there one day.
Greetings, Michiel

Here is my old citybike. They don't steel this one!
G1 with Leica R Elmarit 90/2.8

weaselboy

I was at Mt. Rainier over this past weekend with my new E620. Still trying to get into a good workflow for processing RAW images (first step is to buy something other than the packaged Oly software as soon as I have the money!) but here is one of the pictures I'm most happy with after taking it through Oly Master/Photoshop CS2.

Image was taken with the 40-150 kit lens at 1/3200, f/4, ISO100.