The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

LisaR

Very nice, Lisa. The Tamron 90 was one of my favourite lenses on my Canon DSLR. Unfortunately, there isn't an aperture ring in the Canon EF mount version. Fortunately, however, there are many other excellent choices for macro in micro-4/3.

Thanks John. I like this one for the longer length, I also have a 55 Nikkor Micro to try out this weekend when I do not have my dogs in tow pulling on me as I try to snap pictures :)

m3photo

Re: Walkies

... when I do not have my dogs in tow pulling on me as I try to snap pictures :)
Been there.
In fact I go "there" every day. Tired of being jerked off the vertical just as I'm ready to press the shutter (the little blighter always knows the crucial moment - like cats jumping off the chair who, until said decisive moment are supposedly sound asleep), I simply stand on the leash while I'm using the camera and "Woofles" can tug all he/she likes, so there!:mad:

hot

Hehe, it's easy if there are thirty butterflys at my flowers :)
GH1/14-140 is an "allround camera"
Nice memories for cold winter days ... waiting for next summer.

Michiel Schierbeek

I was actually refering to th 2 Pentaxlensfoto's of Woodmancy.
They have something in common with these photo's I took yesterday with the G1 with the Isco-Göttingen Berolina-Westromat 35/2.8 wide open (what a mouthfull the name of this lens).
It is made of plastic but I love it for flowers, focusses even a little less as 30 cm.

The car in the background looks rather strange.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks everyone for the kind comments
I took these pictures a year ago when I first purchased the Pentax 50/1.4. I didn't process them - yesterday I put them through Lightroom and really liked them.
What they show is the importance of bokeh "interacting" with the background imagery. These are small flowers growing about one foot high. The camera was just above them. The ground is covered in a wood chip mulch, which, with the bokeh of the lens produces that weird stroky effect.
Learn something new everyday!
Keith

kirio

Lots of beautiful macro and flower shots.

I recently got a few C-mount lenses through the B&S forum and got a chance to take the Zeiss Jena Tevidon 25/1.4 through a few test shots. It doesn't cover the entire frame but the vignetting helps with focusing the subject to the center. The swirly bokeh is also special. These were all adjusted with curves and a little unsharp mask only.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Lots of beautiful macro and flower shots.

I recently got a few C-mount lenses through the B&S forum and got a chance to take the Zeiss Jena Tevidon 25/1.4 through a few test shots. It doesn't cover the entire frame but the vignetting helps with focusing the subject to the center. The swirly bokeh is also special. These were all adjusted with curves and a little unsharp mask only.
Kirio, I have this lens too, but have not yet tested the bokeh. But I will this afternoon. Lovely images.

Keith