The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Either you, your server, or my browser, has somehow swapped L and R on the 2 last pairs. The 2 first are OK (and I´m cross-eyed from trying to get it right. Think I need a whisky...)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Either you, your server, or my browser, has somehow swapped L and R on the 2 last pairs. The 2 first are OK (and I´m cross-eyed from trying to get it right. Think I need a whisky...)
Yes - that is a good solution, but two whiskys may be better. I recommend Teachers. Just enough whisky that you can't tell left from right.:sleep006:

Keith

hot

All 4 pairs are "equal" - look right distance from right border. :p

I think you should buy a Zalman Trimon 3D monitor

T

totallynatural

Hi heres three 'snaps' taken over the bank holiday weekend in Norfolk with a G1.

The first was in Castle Acre Priory.

These lilies were at Pensthorpe Wildfowl centre

Also at Pensthorpe was a 'medieval' festival with different crafts, people dressed up etc.

Kind regards
Matt

T

totallynatural

Seen on a market in Bergerac/France. E-P1 with kit-lens.

Thanks for looking, Karl
Fantastic picture! :eek:
I just wondered if the colours are straight out of the camera or processed in Raw. They look great, really deep.

Kind regards

Matt

JBurnett

Was having lunch in our back yard when I noticed a couple of others setting up for lunch, too. G1 + Olympus 35mm macro, hand-held.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Was having lunch in our back yard when I noticed a couple of others setting up for lunch, too. G1 + Olympus 35mm macro, hand-held.

Nice picture but, be careful, a lady was stung by a Northern Black Widow in Oakville a couple of weeks ago. :cussing:
Didn't know there was such a thing:confused:

Keith:

JBurnett

Nice picture but, be careful, a lady was stung by a Northern Black Widow in Oakville a couple of weeks ago.
If I'm not mistaken, the Northern Black Widow has the red hourglass shape on its abdomen. There's nothing like that in my garden (though I'd be tempted to try getting a picture if I saw one). :rolleyes:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
If I'm not mistaken, the Northern Black Widow has the red hourglass shape on its abdomen. There's nothing like that in my garden (though I'd be tempted to try getting a picture if I saw one). :rolleyes:
No use looking for a picture, because they are shy. You would have to tickle it's tummy to check if it had an hourglass.
But, if you go around the garden thrusting your bare hands into ancient vegetation you may find one. Wouldn't be much help if you had a camera with you - you would be calling 911

Keith

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Gorgeous shot woodmancy!
Love the Bokeh, IMHO
Which 50/1.4? I've 2. The FA and a M42 Super Tak (the radioactive one).
Thanks Lili - this image excited me because of that OOF stuff. Vivek says it is double line bokeh, so I've posted the images here and over in the Leica forum because bokeh is interesting to me.
My lens is the screw thread one (M42?) I worked in the radioactive business all my life so I am respectful of it. But it can make your pictures glow :cussing:

Keith

V

Vivek

Looks like I would need to show some samples of ookeh with various lenses and how they appear.:)

Will put it in the 'to do' list, Keith.

V

Vivek

Will try hard, Keith. I have several hundred shots with an Angenieux 0.95 lens from Paris but can't show any of it (it was a private affair and will get sued my pants off by some of the most powerful lawyers in the whole world).

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Will try hard, Keith. I have several hundred shots with an Angenieux 0.95 lens from Paris but can't show any of it (it was a private affair and will get sued my pants off by some of the most powerful lawyers in the whole world).
Don't worry about that stuff - life is short. Images are the most important.

Keith