The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
At the airport heading home from the workshop and just playing with some GF1 images. Harris Beach Oregon kit lens

This was on the way home from Gaberville. Kit lens

Terry

Wow Cindy,
Looks like you are having a fabulous drive to AZ. Bryce and Zion are on my list!

Guy,
Looks great. Mine are downloading as we speak!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Brian and Terry. Arizona and Utah have so much to see and photograph, but Bryce Canyon is one of my favorites. I'm so happy to have the GF1 and G1 along on the trip.

C

CharlieH

Last outdoor BBQ of the year (that's what the sign on the restaurant's door said). Camera sitting on the table next to my beer. 2s self-timer. Cheers,

1. GH1;14-140mm; 25mm; 1/13s @f/22; ISO 800
Ah, the Virginia Inn! Do they still have bones in the men's room?

ch

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Wow Cindy,
Looks like you are having a fabulous drive to AZ. Bryce and Zion are on my list!

Guy,
Looks great. Mine are downloading as we speak!
Damn thing has some zip to them. Just waiting for a program that I can actually use and like to process. Not a fan of ACR. Truth be told though even though I have not used them the jpegs are pretty darn good as is as far as I can tell shooting Raw and Jpeg all week. I finally really like this 4/3rds stuff. Was not a big fan of the G1 functionally but this GF1 I really like.

Friedel

I have some from Italy, Lago Maggiore

E-P1 with Panaleica 14-150

and another nice place to spend some time (with Panasonic 20/1,7)

Thanks for looking, Karl

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I went to Upper Antelope (slot) Canyon at Page, Arizona today. I used my G1 for part of the time and it did a fine job. I was using the Pen-F 20 f/3.5 at f/8. Terry suggested that I take the G1 and it was a good choice. The articulating lcd really worked out well in the canyon.

Leica 77

I went to Upper Antelope (slot) Canyon at Page, Arizona today. I used my G1 for part of the time and it did a fine job. I was using the Pen-F 20 f/3.5 at f/8. Terry suggested that I take the G1 and it was a good choice. The articulating lcd really worked out well in the canyon.

Hi Cindy,
These images are simply gorgeous! Great lighting and excellent composition! :)

m_driscoll

Thank you, Matt.

Both shots were taken with the lens wide open. It was after sunset and I was shooting under the soft light for landscape. Actually I was shooting with my Canon 1DMk3 + 24-105L. All of a sudden the owl appeared from no where and I think we actually surprised each other. I dropped my Canon and started shooting with my GH1 fast and moving to the owl very very slowly (indirect approach + stop-and-go) from over 15 ft away. My Canon long tele was in the car and I did not want to take the chance to go back to my car. The owl was very 'friendly' to allow me to get within 6 ft but he was watching me very closely. I paid lots attention to his body movement to avoid too much stress on him. I think both shots are uncropped. The EXIF of those two shots are:

1/6s f/5.8 at 91.0mm iso1000
1/10s f/5.8 at 140.0mm iso1000

I should add that both shots were taken with my camera mounted on tripod, and used the 2 sec timer to minimize camera shake.
Stephen, a belated thanks. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

JBurnett

Terrific! It's nice to see such fine shots out of the G1.

slau

A few more from my recent trip to Vancouver Island. All images were taken with GH1 + kit lens 14-140. As it practically non-stop pouring rain when I was out there, I used my Canon weather proof camera/lenses most of the time and only used my Panasonic when it was not raining too heavily.

The GH1 is definitely a nice walk around system. Now, I will use it more with the 20f1.7 for both stills and video. My G1 will be used as back up only.

slau

I can never get tired of looking at the Upper Antelope Canyon shots. I have been there three times already and probably will visit again net year.

Nice work, Cindy. I assume that it was not too busy when you were there as it was off season.

It is funny to see your third shot that is cropped almost identical to my 1998 shot with 6X6 film:
http://www.pbase.com/stephenl/image/810096

Brian Mosley

Hi Cindy, what a gorgeous location! did you consider doing HDR for any of these shots? not to produce those horrible OTT HDR images, but to get more dynamic range in a perfectly suitable subject...

I would have used PhotoAcute and Lightzone to get the best possible tonal range on these - fantastic compositions! and Terry's right - the articulating screen on the G1 is a godsend. :thumbs:

Cheers

Brian