The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Terry

After a week off I had to buckle down and do some work this week. Just getting back to this thread. Lots of new great stuff.

m_driscoll

Stephen,

Beautiful photographs. The chickadee looks pretty good; but, I think you're right about fast moving birds. I think you need to be shooting 1/1000s or faster and the panasonic teles aren't fast enough. You're landscape shots are stunning. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

DonParrot

Don & Michael, my wife agrees with you two completely. She has no idea why I took these, doesn't like looking at them, and thinks I must sometimes be someone other than the person she married. :)
Hi John, I somehow can understand your point of view but prefer the one of you wife. *grins*
Have a great weekend.

DonParrot

Finally I have caught up to my image processing and here are a few shots taken recently.

Panasonic DMC-GH1 ,Panasonic G 14-140
1/20s f/13.0 at 48.0mm iso100

Panasonic DMC-GH1 ,Panasonic G 14-140
1/125s f/16.0 at 32.0mm iso100

Panasonic DMC-GH1 ,Panasonic Lumix G 14-140 mm
1/6s f/13.0 at 41.0mm iso100

Panasonic DMC-G1,Panasonic G 14-140 mm
1/200s f/5.8 at 140.0mm iso400

Panasonic DMC-G1 ,Panasonic G 14-140 mm
1/160s f/7.1 at 140.0mm iso400

I have to accept that my Panasonic G1/GH1 are not designed to capture fast moving birds like Chickadee, based on my personal technique and experience, as proved by my own failure.
Hi Steven, thank you for this stunning shots of an impressive piece of nature!
And I also had to accept that the mFT cameras' AF currently isn't fast enough for action pohotography. It's a true pity as it means I will have to purchase a second system - but there you go...

JBurnett

Re: "Fixie"

Happy Holloween!
G1 w/ Pentax FA 100/2.8 Macro
Happy Halloween indeed! What a great spider.

A hardcore urban ride. No gears; almost no brakes. Thanks for looking. Cheers.
Yeah, fixie's seem to be all the rage these days. At my age and physical shape I need all the help that gears can provide (especially for the hills).

In 1987, my wife and I and another couple went cycling for three weeks in the Netherlands. We'd taken our North-American-style 15-speed touring bikes (with the "granny" gears) and wore our helmets; the Dutch children thought we were hilarious. One day, however, we met head winds so strong that we were actually using the granny gears on the flats of Holland. Fast walking speed at best. I knew that it could get windy in the Netherlands, but didn't know it could get THAT windy! That evening we managed to tune into an English-language radio station and heard all about the HURRICANE in Britain. We'd been cycling into the tailwinds of that!

Brian Mosley

This rainbow appeared for about 90 secs today... luckily I had the E-P1 + 20mm f1.7 to hand :D

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/800s f/6.3 at 20.0mm iso200

...the weather was so changeable, I wish I'd had more time to stick around for just the right conditions...

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/400s f/6.3 at 20.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian

Last edited:
M

mistaki spita

Stephen Lau was with me at Calgary's Inglewood Bird Sanctuary on my birthday 30Oct09 and you can see his work in this thread above.
I used the new Lumix Leica 45mm f2.8 on a GF1 to shoot Stephen with the chickadee and the two deer that Stephen put in front of me. Thanks Stephen.

Riley

Ive been interested in figuring out how camera manufacturers display demo images for high ISO that look so clean. To that end well, I got a little carried away with it in post processing, nothing all that extreme or any cheats mind.
anyway here are some E3 images at ISO3200 shot RAW, developed to .tiff in LR2.4, completed to jpeg PSPver9.

E3 1/8000th sec, F2.8, ISO3200, 50mm

E3 1/8000th sec, F2.8, ISO3200, 50mm

Brian Mosley

A couple (well, three actually... make that four :D) more captures from the school run home this morning...

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/10s f/8.0 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/1000s f/6.3 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/500s f/8.0 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/100s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

Kind Regards

Brian

Last edited:

ricseet

Hello, I want to thank a few of you that I consulted about buying the GH1 and I appreciate your recommendations. The second shipment came in and managed to buy a Gold body as another customers wanted just th kit lens last friday. Spent the weekend getting to know the cam and here are some images to share that I took over the last 3 days. All in cam settings were set to Standard default. Raw files were converted with Silkypix using all Standard default settings as well. I hope the images comes thr , if not sorry and you can view them at Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricseet/sets/72157622725285402/

My friend Elf informed me that he viewed the image at 300% and guess what he saw in the kid's eyes ---

C&C are most welcome

thank you for viewing

ric

Last edited: