The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Brian Mosley

Yes, love that sign shot! lovely sharp shots too ric :thumbs:

A couple from this afternoon, E-P1 + 20mm f1.7

1/200s f/8.0 at 20.0mm iso200

1/100s f/8.0 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

ricseet

Hi Driscoll, I think that I resolved the miss focus problem by turning on the Pre-Focus. It may not be as fast as normal shooting but it certainly locked into focus for my type for shooting faster. At least there is no more blur images compared to earlier and images are now all in focus despite very busy background - a bouquet of flowers with tiny white flowers and small leaves with orchids. Challenging subjects and glad that it worked out great.

cheers

ric

Thank you Driscoll and yes I am having fun with the GH1. Pity the 14-150 mm tends to miss focus on the m4/3 bodies for tiny subjects with busy background compared to my L10. I like the cam enough to put up with that.

cheers

ric

ricseet

Hi Brian, nice set of landscape pics as usual. Love the color tones and the framing. I enjoyed the previous set of the Green trees from the EP1 as well.

Thank you for your feedback. Enjoying the GH1 more than the G1. For the first weekend I was pretty disappointed becos initially the colors were muted compared to the L10. Got round that by shooting +1 or 2/3 EV.

cheers

ric

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Out and about with the GF1, here are a few images:

First, can you guess what city I'm in? :)ROTFL:):

Here's a big hint (Note that I am playing around with a new processing technique with this image):

Some of the local remaining color, though most was gone:

Another with the new CS process technique:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Some more, just having fun with the GF1:

And some more using the alternative process "B":

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here you go Bud! BTW, processing these on my MBP, so hope they're coming through okay...

Terry

Of course the only place where that shirt can clearly be on display is Boston!

Hope you are having fun!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
It looks like the GF1 is doing a good job for you, Jack. These are all very nice. The door shot really stands out for me.
Enjoy Beantown!

Keith, That is a beauty.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
It looks like the GF1 is doing a good job for you, Jack. These are all very nice. The door shot really stands out for me.
Enjoy Beantown!

Keith, That is a beauty.
Cindy - we are missing you over in the bokeh thread, I'm sure you have many more in your collections (see your posts 120 and 121 over there)

Thanks

Keith