The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Greg Lockrey

Man... you guys have me hooked on this format. First because I can now use my Leica M wide angles. Secondly the images posted are incredible. Thirdly it will be a great carry everywhere camera. :thumbs:

BTW I purchased the E-P1 and a couple of Panosonic lenses this week.

Brian Mosley

Congratulations Greg.

Guy - those shots are beautiful...

A couple from the school run this morning.

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/400s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/500s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

JMaher

Brian,

I am beginning to think you should be banned from this forum for life. There is no question that your posts are informative (and perhaps largely enthusiastic about things you like) and your photos are great but (and this is the reason to keep you out) you live in a very beautiful area. That makes it very unfair for the rest of us. How do we compete with the rolling hills and grand vistas? The question always comes up in my mind - is it the photographer or the equipment or is it just the endless opportunities?

Anyway - great photos over the past few weeks and especially those with the 20 1.7. While I am sure all the factors combine I will acknowledge the photographer is always the key factor.

Jim

Brian Mosley

Thanks Jim (I think! :ROTFL:)

it's great to share our blessings with friends all over the world - I love to see the images posted here from Japan, America and all parts of Europe... one day, I hope to travel widely with photography.

Cheers

Brian

JBurnett

Thanks, everyone. The third scene did catch my eye. The grate was a vertical fence and I'm not sure what was holding the leaves in place. No wind to speak of. A bit of magic, I guess.

ricseet

Hello, Playing around the high ISO feature of the GH1 to crack up the shutter speed to take pics of bird in flight. Managed to captured these with f9, s1/1600, ISO 1000.

C&C are most welcome

ric

m_driscoll

"The view from my parking lot"

There were no cars parked in front of the Lava Lounge, and, it was, strangely enough, a beautiful day. Eventually, I'll have photographed it with every camera and lens that I own. Cheers.

1. GH1; 14-140mm; 70mm; 1/250s @ f/5.8; ISO 100

2. GH1; 14-140mm; 70mm; 1/250s @ f/5.8; ISO 100

3. GH1; 14-140mm; 32mm; 1/250s @ f/7.4; ISO 100

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Terry

Hi Ric,
I just put two and two together. Didn't realize that you posted over here. As I mentioned before. Wow on capturing (and having the patience to capture) these birds. Bravo.

JBurnett

Hello, Playing around the high ISO feature of the GH1 to crack up the shutter speed to take pics of bird in flight. Managed to captured these with f9, s1/1600, ISO 1000.
#1 is such a wonderful capture. And the three work well as a series.

ricseet

Terry, thank you for the kind words and yes I just posted these here today to share. It does take lots of lots of patience. I am on to nature birds and insects. So I get to learn from the rest of you doing landscapes and street. I have always enjoy your images of the famous Orange Bridge.

cheers

ric