The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Brian Mosley

Just flew into Virginia from California to visit colleges.
E-P1 with 17mm f/2.8 at 1/2500s f/3.2 iso100
Beautiful capture Devon, love the wing silhouette... and colour... very evocative!

I've always really struggled with through the window airplane shots - this looks so clean!

Cheers

Brian

I

Infrared-IR

That's a postcard image, IR. The Pana kit lens is great, isn't it?!?
Thanks...

Yes, I like the G1 a whole lot more than I thought I would before I bought it.

Like the results folks are getting with the 20mm f1.7 - would love to have that lens, too.

I

Infrared-IR

One of my first few shots with the new 20mm f1.7........
very hard to get shots of Nala because she wants to "come
and get petted" right out of the frame...... :toocool:
What a fine image!! Super sharp lens!! Congrats!!

Diane B

Godfrey, I've liked what I think of as your 'asphalt' series (perhaps this isn't a good series title, but I remember the various ones in this way) all along. Perhaps it has to do with the one small item that you bring to our attention in a flat plane of continuous textures and stains, but they invite me to look more.

I forgot to mention how much I liked the airport image. Lots to capture my attention and further viewing there.

Diane

Godfrey

Godfrey, I've liked what I think of as your 'asphalt' series (perhaps this isn't a good series title, but I remember the various ones in this way) all along. Perhaps it has to do with the one small item that you bring to our attention in a flat plane of continuous textures and stains, but they invite me to look more.

I forgot to mention how much I liked the airport image. Lots to capture my attention and further viewing there.
thanks Diane!

my 'theme title' for these works is 'Ground Signs' ... likely not the title of the pieces I put together from the theme, but a working idea/concept anyway. :)

And thank you for the comment, and compliment!, on "Waiting For A Plane" too.

J

JohnF

Hi -

I had a meet-up with a fellow moderator (we both are mods over at WUS, the world's largest watch forum) and grabbed this with the 50 f2 macro lens:

The only thing done to this was resizing... :)

JohnF

PS: 'twas mounted on the E30. What a lens!

kweide

Hi John..
nice to meet you. My watch is Mühle Glashütte, its a Traveller model. Will never give it away.

Okay

Let me go, please, let me go....

J

JohnF

Hi John..
nice to meet you. My watch is Mühle Glashütte, its a Traveller model. Will never give it away.
Hi -

Nice watch...

This was taken immediately before that first photo, with the 12-60 and you can see that we had a few watches out:

We mostly looked at Hamiltons that day (he had 4, I had 5 with me...).

JohnF

J

JohnF

Hi -

And what the heck, this one was with my 35 macro (I have three macro lenses for the E series, the final one being a Leica 100 f4 on bellows) from before Thanksgiving...

JohnF

Brian Mosley

A couple from yesterday, London St Pancras ice sculpture...

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/80s f/2.8 at 20.0mm iso320

1/80s f/2.8 at 20.0mm iso200

1/80s f/2.8 at 20.0mm iso320

Kind Regards

Brian

Helena

Great forum and so many wonderful photos posted. I have been on the fence for several months about buying into the MFD format, and seeing the photos here made me decide to order a G1, 14-45 and 20/1.7 last week.

Normally I shoot 5D and L primes, but I'm very surprised and impressed by the image quality I get from G1, especially with the 20/1.7. I had planned to use G1 only as a P&S replacement, but I think it's going to see a lot more use than that... G1 with its articulating screen and the 20mm pancake are a joy to use!

Here are some of my first images taken with the 20/1.7. They are basically test images, I guess, but I like how they turned out.

m3photo

Re: vs. Full Frame

Normally I shoot 5D and L primes, but I'm very surprised and impressed by the image quality I get from G1, ../..
A warm welcome to you Helena.
Yes, quite a few of us who were/are used to full-frame cameras were/are also pleasantly surprised with this "not-so-little" format. :)

Helena

Thank you Michael! Tomorrow I'll go to the annual Christmas market here in town, and plan to bring G1 and my beloved 5D and 50/1.2L. Can't wait to see the result.