The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Diane B

Love them Lisa. I'm not sure which is my favorite. At first I thought the first--but now can't decide. Just beautiful--and I'm with John--envious of your part of the world right now (starting tonight we're to have the coldest stretch of weather in a decade LOL--cold for us, anyhow).

Diane

LisaR

Love them Lisa. I'm not sure which is my favorite. At first I thought the first--but now can't decide. Just beautiful--and I'm with John--envious of your part of the world right now (starting tonight we're to have the coldest stretch of weather in a decade LOL--cold for us, anyhow).

Diane
Thank you so much Diane. I do not envy you folks with the snow at all...I cringe when we get cold rain LOL, although you do get to take the cool winter scenary shots that I do not. Fortunatley the rain we are having tonight is a bit warmer so I was able to take a few shots tonight when we went to dinner..I will post them in a minute...this camera really is all I could ask for.

Keep warm!!

LisaR

Went out again this evening for dinner and took a few shots in the misty evening..I love the EP2 and Lumix 20 together.

Bay Bridge Harbor

Juan Marichal

Streets of Gold

a little fun in the bookstore:D

Helena

Wow Lisa, I love all the photos you posted.

Mike, the tree shot is beautiful and I like Brian's "woods" series too.

I am really inspired by your shot. Well done.
I love it too, Helena - wonderful colour.

If this is a test shot, let's see the real thing :):)

Keith
Me too. Wonderful, rich colour.
My goodness Helena........what a beautiful capture. Keep shooting!!!

R
Thank you all very much! The light is gorgeous this time of year when the sun comes out, and it has been out a lot this winter. Today the sky is clear blue and it's -19C (-1F).

I called it a test shot because I was doing the "serious" shooting with 5D and only brought G1 to try it out, but when I got home I was happily surprised to see that its image quality was much better than I had even hoped for.

Diane B

Has anyone noticed how many threads there are devoted to IMAGES??? That's one of the reasons I love this forum--plus its just congenial, knowledgable--and such great folks. But--to pull up new posts for all the forums and see it filled with image threads from all the camera systems--wow!!

Diane

Terry

Went out again this evening for dinner and took a few shots in the misty evening..I love the EP2 and Lumix 20 together.
Well you seemed to have walked right through my neighborhood (Brannan and Delancey). These look great.

LisaR

Thanks everyone :)

Diane I agree..it is a really nice group here and great that you can see so many images from such varied lenses and cameras, it really shows you what these little gems are capable of.

Terry...you live in a great neighborhood such great atmosphere for shooting..we should meet up one day

m3photo

Re: IMAGE Thread

Has anyone noticed how many threads there are devoted to IMAGES??? That's one of the reasons I love this forum--plus its just congenial, knowledgable--and such great folks. But--to pull up new posts for all the forums and see it filled with image threads from all the camera systems--wow!!
Diane
This is the key magic to the success of GetDpi isn't it?

Godfrey

Moon Over Cafe Pergolesi

Panasonic G1 + Lumix G 20mm f/1.7
ISO 1000 @ f/2 @ 1/15 second

comments always appreciated..

D

Devon Shaw

Re: Moon Over Cafe Pergolesi

Panasonic G1 + Lumix G 20mm f/1.7
ISO 1000 @ f/2 @ 1/15 second

comments always appreciated..
Really great exposure and I like the composition though I think I would have shifted the camera just a tad to the right... though that might the framing of the moon with the clouds less successful.
Really makes me want to get my hands on one of those 20mm. Been debating selling my 17mm..

Here is one of mine from my run off to Bodega with Sarah the other day. I haven't done much besides portraiture in the last six months but this seascape was just something I felt needed capturing.

Olympus E-P1 with 17mm

Godfrey

Really great exposure and I like the composition though I think I would have shifted the camera just a tad to the right... though that might the framing of the moon with the clouds less successful.
Really makes me want to get my hands on one of those 20mm. Been debating selling my 17mm..

Here is one of mine from my run off to Bodega with Sarah the other day. I haven't done much besides portraiture in the last six months but this seascape was just something I felt needed capturing.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4002/4243227160_7d93a52414_b.jpg

Olympus E-P1 with 17mm
Thanks Devon.

That's a lovely cliffscape.
There seems to be a touch of something vignetting at the corners ... ? It doesn't hurt this photo, but I'd look into what's going on there.

Howard

There are so many great photos posted on this thread I cannot comment specifically on all of them. However, the night shots posted by Lisa - #2004, are outstanding.

D

Devon Shaw

Thanks Devon.

That's a lovely cliffscape.
There seems to be a touch of something vignetting at the corners ... ? It doesn't hurt this photo, but I'd look into what's going on there.
Oh yes. That would be the hood I have for my 14-42. It vignettes a bit at the wide end but I rarely think about it since I do so little work at those focal lengths. I've been meaning to shave a few millimeters off of it to remedy the issue but it hasn't been high on the priority list..