The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

vincechu

I took a trip to the zoo today and am blown away by the EP2 Oly 70-300 combo. Here are a few and a link to the full set if anyone is intersted.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosdelisa/sets/72157623024756821/

Thanks for looking:)

my favorite of the day

:eek: A absolutely stunning set of photos, as a newbie to photography images like these are really inspiring - thanks so much for sharing :thumbs:

Could I just ask if you tend to shoot in Raws or Jpgs? and if you tend to do much editing using programmes such as Silkpix or photoshop?

Mike Woods

I REALLY like the 2 last ones! Could you share your post processing?
Thanks Rawfa,

I'd like to say I spent hours in the digital darkroom, but the reality is they were created with a preset I'd prepared. Basically one click, and a couple of subsequent adjustments. Don't you just love Lightroom :salute:

So, probably easier if I simply send you the preset if you want to play?

Regards

Mike

Diane B

Mike, I like presets also. And they are easy to share--and then tweak to suit and resave as your own. I did like the processing on the last 2 particularly.

Diane

Godfrey

Re: Vasquez & Leota #2

Olympus E-1 + ZD 11-22/2.8-3.5
ISO 100 @ f/5.6 @ 1/320 @ 21mm

something about the light that morning keeps pulling me back.
comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.

Terry, thanks for pointing out the date problem. I missed the editing window with this update; please delete the previous post if you can. thanks!

LisaR

:eek: A absolutely stunning set of photos, as a newbie to photography images like these are really inspiring - thanks so much for sharing :thumbs:

Could I just ask if you tend to shoot in Raws or Jpgs? and if you tend to do much editing using programmes such as Silkpix or photoshop?

thanks so much for the kind comments. I shoot only jpg and process in Elements 7 and use Nik Efex Filters quite a bit. I used a free lomo action I found for the lion shot but other than that I spend about 5-10 minutes on each shot with the standard USM, noise reduction if needed then apply my Nik Efex filters to suit what I am looking for and any color contrast adjustment.

Brian Mosley

Lisa, whatever you're doing (or in this case, not doing!) is working wonderfully - the colour and quality of your shots is outstanding, not to take anything away from your eye for subject and composition.

Well Done, and thanks for sharing.

Brian

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Vasquez & Leota #2

Olympus E-1 + ZD 11-22/2.8-3.5
ISO 100 @ f/5.6 @ 1/320 @ 21mm

something about the light that morning keeps pulling me back.

Terry, thanks for pointing out the date problem. I missed the editing window with this update; please delete the previous post if you can. thanks!
Godfrey - in this one you have recorded the "atmosphere" very well, a tough thing to do. The muted soft tone black and white is lovely. I know that you have done selective color before - I think this image could take that (maybe in the road markings?)
The composition is excellent - with the roadwork in the foreground.

Keith

Keith

Godfrey

woody,

love the balloon shot!

A friend gave me a movie this year as a gift. A movie that I saw 40 some years ago and has been in my head ever since. Pascal Lamorisse's 1956 classic, "The Red Balloon" ...

It struck me again as I watched it last night just how powerful this world of image and visual language can be ... that this thirty-four minutes of simple story can echo down the many years of my life and remains an aesthetic achievement of superlative merit.

Thank you.

Godfrey

Trees On Olive Avenue

Olympus E-1 + ZD 11-22mm f/2.8-3.5
ISO 100 @ f/5.6 @ 1/60 second @ 20mm