The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Brian Mosley

Thanks Tullio,

I love landscape photography... it's amazing the variety of images there are within just a few steps sometimes. Here's another from the same area.

E-P1 + 20mm f1.7
1/320s f/4.5 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Re: Visual Velocity

Olympus E-1 + ZD 50mm f/2 Macro
ISO 100 @ f/4 @ 1/500 second

comments and critique always appreciated, thanks for looking.
Very nice. Reminds me of one of those posters that are accompanied by a motivational quote. I'm imagining "Driven - even the old ones can run strong"

Ok, so I'm not so good with the words...

Helena

Hi Helena,

I think we're fairly relaxed around here - I certainly appreciate and welcome C&C on any images I post!

Cheers

Brian
Helena,

I truly do appreciate your critique of my image and was not in any way offended by your comments. Please do feel free to make suggestions and comments as you see fit.

Best regards,
Carl
Thank you both! That's great to hear. This seems to be a friendly place. :)

Detail of a colorful boat (G1 + 20/1.7):

Terry

Shooting everyday for the photo a day project pushes you to shoot at times you wouldn't ordinarily think to pull out the camera. Tonight I tried to take some shots of the commuters in the rain. It has been raining all week and going to and fro in downpours gets old. Of all the shots this experimental shot was the one I liked better than other more conventional captures. Almost reminds me of a pointillism painting. The carpool line.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Shooting everyday for the photo a day project pushes you to shoot at times you wouldn't ordinarily think to pull out the camera. Tonight I tried to take some shots of the commuters in the rain. It has been raining all week and going to and fro in downpours gets old. Of all the shots this experimental shot was the one I liked better than other more conventional captures. Almost reminds me of a pointillism painting. The carpool line.

Terry,
I really like this. It seems very 3-D on my display. I think they might enjoy this one in the bokeh thread, too.

Leica 77

Hi Terry,
Wow! It's beautiful! All the best! Leica 77.

scho

Great shot Terry. I like the soft background and alignment of the commuters.

Diane B

I like this---it gives that feeling of being 'in' the rain---the people are mysterious and moving but the rain is just there--in your face.

Diane

scho

Thank you both! That's great to hear. This seems to be a friendly place. :)

Detail of a colorful boat (G1 + 20/1.7):

Beautiful shot Helena.:thumbs: Vibrant colors and nice composition. It would make a very attractive print for hanging.

scho

Re: Visual Velocity

Olympus E-1 + ZD 50mm f/2 Macro
ISO 100 @ f/4 @ 1/500 second

comments and critique always appreciated, thanks for looking.
Love this shot Godfrey. Are you toning your images in Lightroom using the split tone panel?

Godfrey

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/3/7/20100121-_1020046.jpg
Very nice, Terry! I like the way the shapes emerge through the raindrops. It's subtle and intriguing.