The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Helena

Two from yesterday that I decided to put together into one (G1 and 20/1.7):

I'm still struggling a bit with landscapes. I feel shadows are too heavy (probably because of smaller dynamic range compared to 5D), but for other kinds of photos I love it. It's early days yet - I have only had G1 it for six weeks - so maybe I'll find a way to get around that eventually.

f6cvalkyrie

These are from a walk in the forest some time ago.
I reworked them, because I was not completely happy with the very dark look I gave them in the first run.

Here they are !

G1 with Cosmicar/Pentax 25/1.4 @ 1.4

CU,
Rafael

Brian Mosley

Thanks Keith,

it was a bit nippy out there! luckily, the E-P2 is easy to handle while wearing thin gloves.

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/125s f/8.0 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

DHart

Nice treatment Mike. I'm one who generally appreciates post processing which helps re-create the vividness of the scene as seen by the human eye rather than the more limited dynamic range captured by the typical camera exposure. I think you did a nice job with this; vivid without going too far.

Mike Woods

Thanks for your comments. By way of comparison, this was the original with clipping of both shadows and highlights. What surprised me was the lack of noise in the processed version above.
I did a separate 3 bracket exposure and passed them through Photomatix, but to be honest I preferred my version from a single raw.

Regards

Mike

Brian Mosley

Mike, I think you overdid lifting the shadows just a little... I'd like to see a rendition half way between the two.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Brian

Mike Woods

Mike, I think you overdid lifting the shadows just a little... I'd like to see a rendition half way between the two.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Brian
Thanks Brian,

Putting the two versions side-by-side you could be right!

I'll have another play later :banghead:

Mike

Godfrey

Godfrey

event shooting with the Panasonic G1

Yesterday, I was at the Media Center for a meeting and unexpectedly happened to be there when the staff sprang a surprise party to on the executive director and founder to celebrate the Media Center's 20th anniversary. One of them was videoing the event, but I suddenly remembered I had my camera with me (duh! I always have my camera with me ...) so I quick pulled it out and caught a couple of quick snaps of a few of the principals.

Executive director and founder ...

Panasonic G1 + Lumix G 20mm f/1.7

One of the first volunteer techs who worked the studio, and his recent-born ...

Panasonic G1 + Macro-Elmarit-DG 45mm f/2.8 ASPH OIS

(The ME45 is on loan from a friend..)

A gallery of 11 photos is available at ..
#1-6 with the 20/1.7 and #7-11 with the 45/2.8.

I'm happy to report that the ME45 is a delightful lens in use. I look forward to buying one for myself.

Diane B

Very very nice--my favorite is the one I left in post, but like both.

Diane

These are from a walk in the forest some time ago.
I reworked them, because I was not completely happy with the very dark look I gave them in the first run.

Here they are !

G1 with Cosmicar/Pentax 25/1.4 @ 1.4

CU,
Rafael