The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

scho

Another detail shot with the Zeiss 45mm f/2 G on the E-P2. Old weathered boathouse door at the local park.

Godfrey

... faces at a cafe ...

Panasonic G1 + Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8
ISO 400 @ f/1.8 @ 1/10 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking!

Brian Mosley

Wonderful photography folks - Carl, be careful... that 45mm Contax lens is so sharp you'll cut yourself! Fantastic.

Klaus, that's a beauty! Helena, thank you and that's a delightful snowscape...

Godfrey, do you frame and focus using the G1's articulating screen? that's quite a candid. Well Done.

Jono, speaking of Wales... here's a shot from earlier this afternoon.

E-P2 + ZD 9-18mm f4-5.6
1/1250s f/5.6 at 9.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

D

Devon Shaw

Carl - Really gorgeous textury shot. Made me pause.

Brian - I like this photograph a lot. The juxtaposition of the old and new architecture is fascinating to me coming from Northern California..

scho

Thank you Brian and Devon. The Contax G lenses are excellent performers with m43. Brian, that is an amazing old/new contrast composition.

Godfrey

Godfrey, do you frame and focus using the G1's articulating screen? that's quite a candid. Well Done.
Thank you! That one was focused and framed at eye-level using the EVF. As was this one, taken a few minutes prior (same lens and settings, a little shorter exposure time):

One of the reasons I've decided to stick with the G1 and not buy a GF1 is that I use the EVF rather a lot; having the EVF built-in and always available is a plus, as is the ability to split the EVF with information panel on the LCD.

Brian Mosley

I found some coast today... hope to get some good light and weather conditions over the next couple of days to get back - these were taken just as the light was failing before sunset.

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/80s f/3.5 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7

Cheers

Brian

Leica 77

I found some coast today... hope to get some good light and weather conditions over the next couple of days to get back - these were taken just as the light was failing before sunset.

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7

Cheers

Brian
Hi Brian,
Both of your coastal images are beautiful. The lighthouse and rock formations in the first image as well as the houses in the second image are tack sharp. It seems you brought out the best of the 20mm f1.7 lens. BTW, the little pancake lens has certainly become one of my most favorite lenses of all time. All the best, Leica 77.

D

Devon Shaw

A few from the last few days,

From my drive to school on Thursday, was a bit early and so took a little side trip and got this,

These two are of my friend Sami's artwork. She wanted photographs of them for her portfolio,
both are with the E-P1 and 17mm

Then these last two are from my day spent working in Santa Rosa on video backdrops for my school's production of Chicago,
both with E-P1 and Canon FD 50mm f/1.4

Not my best work, but will have more time again for photography once the show and this business with designing a wine label is over with.

-Devon

Brian Mosley

Devon, that last shot is terrific! love it...

Thanks Leica 77, I was very impressed by the sharpness, given these were handheld. Love that 20mm f1.7!

Cheers

Brian

Mike Woods

Since I got the E-P1 the poor E-3 hasn't seen much use, but some time off work combined with good weather meant I took them both out yesterday - great fun :)
A few from the River Severn, which separates England from Wales:
E-P1/9-18mm:

E-P1/Ultron 35mm:

E-3/50-200mm:

Regards
Mike

Brian Mosley

More coastal shots from this evening...

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/30s f/5.0 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P2 + ZD 9-18mm f4-5.6
1/2s f/6.3 at 9.0mm iso200