The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Brian Mosley

Jono, you're right about the lack of light... but when you're doing a PAD you have to work with what you're given :)

Luckily, the sun was shining early this morning...

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/400s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/1000s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

Thanks Bob,

in this case, I did shoot a half dozen shots and put them through PhotoAcute - before finishing in Lightzone.

I have my parameters set to allow accurate exposure histogram display in line with the raw file. Which means Natural Colour/Saturation -2/Sharpening -2/Contrast -2/Normal Gradation/Zero noise filtering.

Cheers

Brian

scho

Hi There
Carl
- that Zeiss shot is wonderful . . . I still regret selling my father's G2 lenses :cry:
Still, it's the light that makes the shot so nice rather than the obvious sharpness.

Brian-
That implies that BT worship is on the cards . . . take care!
The coastal shots are nicely composed and all . . . but a complete lack of light is always a bit of an issue!

Devon - I still can't quite get to grips with the HDR look of the barn. but that last 'full frontal' shot of the boy is wonderful (although I can imagine he might not be so keen!).

Mike - lovely - I especially like the 2nd shot of the fence in the water, the 3rd shot of the old gate and the last one of the bridge

Klaus - your death of a bloom is sublime (as always).

John - what a wonderful staircase - surprisingly I think I prefer the colour shot

Tullio - what an extravagant glove to leave behind - did it drop off a ski-lift?

all the best
Thank you Jono. Nice to see that you are back into m43 again with your new E-P2 and lovely early spring images.

scho

Thanks Bob,

in this case, I did shoot a half dozen shots and put them through PhotoAcute - before finishing in Lightzone.

I have my parameters set to allow accurate exposure histogram display in line with the raw file. Which means Natural Colour/Saturation -2/Sharpening -2/Contrast -2/Normal Gradation/Zero noise filtering.

Cheers

Brian
Nice work Brian. Does Photoacute support the E-P2 yet or did you convert the orf files to another format?

kweide

Thanks Bob,

Cheers

Brian
Brian: WOW
such settings are my prefered settings on GRD to achieve a real flat and neutral picture. Ideal for tweaking stuff thru photoshop. I will give it a try on E-P1.

J

Jamesmd

Hi

Its a week since I have my EP 1 , only with kit lens . I must admit I didn't expect so much from the camera .

here are some shots

cheers

Leica 77

Great color and composition. That 7-14 is a sweet little lens.
Hi Carl,
Many thanks for your positive comments! The Panasonic 7-14 mm zoom lens is indeed a sweet little lens -- light weight and pretty sharp. I cannot leave home without this lens and another sweet little 20mm pancake ... Best regards, Leica 77. :)

M

maxmorrison

Max, that cat makes me nervous.... :)
...me too kweide! She is in her first heat :bugeyes:

Last week she peed over my Lowepro camera bag :angry::angry: a big love sign!

Luckily the bag is water[cat pee]proof :thumbup: