The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Peter Klein

A little experiment here--can the G1 do concert photography? I would have liked to use a Leica lens, but my Cirrus M adapter arrived defective and is being sent back for replacement. So I got out my old Olympus OM 50/1.4, affixed it to the G1, and gave it a whirl. It's the Bach Brandenburg Concerto #5. Settings, 1/100 at f/2. Click to view large.

P.S. Would someone please tell me the secret to posting a flickr image directly here, rather than as an uploaded attachment?
--Peter

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A little experiment here--can the G1 do concert photography? I would have liked to use a Leica lens, but my Cirrus M adapter arrived defective and is being sent back for replacement. So I got out my old Olympus OM 50/1.4, affixed it to the G1, and gave it a whirl. It's the Bach Brandenburg Concerto #5. Settings, 1/100 at f/2. Click to view large.

P.S. Would someone please tell me the secret to posting a flickr image directly here, rather than as an uploaded attachment?
--Peter
Very nice shot. I'm getting increasingly impressed with the Panasonics' low light capabilities. Here's one from last night:

GH1 with Reflex Nikkor 500mm f/8 @ ISO100 and 1s.

GH1 with Reflex Nikkor 500mm f/8 @ ISO100 and 1s.

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Just disregard all I've ever said, at least some of it. The photos on this page that I claimed were taken with the OM Zuiko 35mm f/2 are all taken with the 50mm f/2 Macro. No wonder they are sharp :)

I will start taking combined brain development and reading skill classes sooner rather than later ;)

Brian Mosley

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/400s f/7.1 at 20.0mm iso200

...and one from my Son. Added some orton inspired effect using Lightzone.

E-PL1 + mZD 14-42mm f3.5-5.6L
1/200s f/8.0 at 42.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Peter Klein

From a lunchtime walk last week, I thought this was pretty funny. Nobody seems to be looking at the 20/1.7 thread, so I'm posting this here, too.
--Peter

Godfrey

... Sunlit Glade

Panasonic L1 + Olympus ZD 50/2 Macro + EC14
ISO 250 @ f/7.1 @ 1/40 second @ 70mm

A fun little shoot last Sunday morning. The light was very harsh, however; i had to work hard to find photo opportunities. These trees attracted me the moment I saw them.

comments always appreciate, thanks for looking!

scho

NW wind about 25 mph, 40 degrees F, water temp about 35 degrees F, but those chilly conditions don't seem to deter the dedicated surfer. Panasonic G1-IR with Carl Zeiss 45mm f/2 Contax G lens. Custom camera icc profile and WB adjustment in LR2.6 and application of Jack's IR false color converter action in CS4.