The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

scho

Took another swamp slog today with the E-P2 and CZ 35 2G.

Emerging Skunk Cabbage Spathe

Blooming Trout Lily

More Skunk Cabbage

Last edited:

scho

Re: ... Skewed ...

Panasonic G1 + Olympus ZD 35mm f/3.5 Macro
ISO 100 @ f/4 @ 1/60 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking.
Elegant simplicity. You really have an eye for great compositions Godfrey.

seakayaker

OPEN DAM

GF1 with LEICA D VARIO-ELMAR 14-50mm ISO 160 f/4 1/100 14mm - Ballard Locks, Seattle, WA

Green Hat

DMC-GF1 -- ISO 100 f/1.7 1/40 20mm - Pike Street Market - Seattle, WA

Old Machinery

DMC-GF1 with Lumix G Vario-7-14mm ISO 100 f/5 1/160 13 mm - Gas Works Park - Seattle WA

Life is Grand!

Godfrey

... tree & tulips ...

Panasonic G1 + Olympus ZD 35mm f/3.5 Macro
ISO 100 @ f/4 @ 1/320 second

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking!

Godfrey

Godfrey, you do some excellent work with that 35mm. Does it AF on the G1?
Thank you!

No, the ZD35 is manual focus only on the G1. It's very responsive when focusing manually at normal distances (magnifications less than 1:4), and produces a very crisp image for focusing.

At higher magnifications the focusing mount is slow ... it's about one turn around the barrel from infinity to 1:4, 4-1/2 turns around the barrel to get down to 1:1 from infinity. The real pain then is getting back to infinity-normal shooting range ... I find it faster to switch the camera off and on as it resets the lens very quickly. :)

It's sharp and clear even wide open, and extremely sharp stopped down to f/5.6-8. Has nice bokeh too. Chromatic aberration is very very small and pretty constant from f/3.5 all the way down (-18RG/-3BY in LR cleans it completely). The only small negative with regard to imaging performance is a bit more barrel distortion than I'd like for flat art copy of rectilinear subjects, but it's simple spherical distortion that cleans up perfectly in Photoshop instantly ... I only rarely feel the need unless I'm doing exacting work.

A great lens for only $183!

Mike Woods

E-P1 and Voigtlander:

50mm f1.5 from this afternoon:

And I've recently been using the Ultron 35mm f1.7 much more. Despite mixed reviews on m4/3rds, I love it. A joy to handle:

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Regards
Mike

Brian Mosley

And I've recently been using the Ultron 35mm f1.7 much more. Despite mixed reviews on m4/3rds, I love it. A joy to handle:

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Regards
Mike
Thanks Mike, this one is by far my favourite... lovely B&W tonality and excellent use of depth of field.

My PAD for today, first bee of spring (at least for me)

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/400s f/3.5 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Godfrey

Re: ... tree & tulips ...

Especially the good ones, eh? ;) Beautiful image Godfrey. Part of a series perhaps?
Thank you, although I'm not certain what the first part of your comment means. It's always encouraging to get good comments, if that's what you meant.

More part of a set than a series: a project I've been working on for a while.

Mike Woods

I guess these should really go in the 'Street' thread, but this is still new territory for me and I don't feel 'qualified' yet. All with the E-P1/Ultron 35mm f1.7.

Henry

Sunglasses

Headless

Toni & Guy

Still looking for a title for this one :ROTFL:

Regards
Mike