The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Dan - that place brings back so many memories. My wife and I built a 31ft cruising trimaran in the eighties - entirely in wood and using the epoxies that this guy has under his bench

Here is a picture of Maggie Tulliver when she first touched the water, waiting for the mast :cry::cry:

I think she is now happily sailing the Great Lakes.

Keith

You Cut -- You Clean
Workshop -- Center for Wooden Boats -- Seattle, WA

GF1 with LUMIX G VARIO 7-14/F4.0 - ISO 250 - f/4 - 1/30 - 14mm

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Last edited:

seakayaker

Dan - that place brings back so many memories. My wife and I built a 31ft cruising trimaran in the eighties - entirely in wood and using the epoxies that this guy has under his bench

Here is a picture of Maggie Tulliver when she first touched the water, waiting for the mast :cry::cry:

I think she is now happily sailing the Great Lakes.

Keith

Keith, here is a reminder of what you may have waiting for you . . . . . instead of bokehography . . . . . if you were still with the SV Maggie Tulliver . . . . . .

Boat Waiting in the Queue -- Center for Wooden Boats - Seattle, WA

GF1 with Lumix G Vario f/4 7 - 14mm Aspherical - ISO 125 -- f4.5 -- f/125 -- 14mm

. . . . . as a side note I once sailed an 'Alejuela 33' Cutter rig . . . . .

MAGGIE MAE

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

barjohn

Boy! brings back memories from the 80's when I owned and sailed a Piver 35' Loadstar up and down the coast of Florida and over to the Bahamas for about 5 years.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Boy! brings back memories from the 80's when I owned and sailed a Piver 35' Loadstar up and down the coast of Florida and over to the Bahamas for about 5 years.
Hey guys, we have to stop now - this should be all about photography :mad::mad::mad:

(barjohn - mine was a Brown 31. Jim Brown was an apprentice to Piver)

Dan, Maggie was cutter rigged too. Lots of fun with lots of sails !

Keith

barjohn

Yes, I remember Brown's designs and sailed on one of the larger ones owned by a guy that had made it himself in Marina Del Rey and sailed it to Miami. I also sailed on the maiden voyage of one of Dick Newick's trans Atlantic racers up on Martha's Vineyard.

seakayaker

Hey guys, we have to stop now - this should be all about photography :mad::mad::mad:

(barjohn - mine was a Brown 31. Jim Brown was an apprentice to Piver)

Dan, Maggie was cutter rigged too. Lots of fun with lots of sails !

Keith
Ok, no more boats . . . . .

How about photographs of . . . . .

***** BALLS *****

GF1 with Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/5.6 -- 1/50 -- 35mm

Having Fun with the GF1

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

photoSmart42

My wife's eye as seen through my Fujinon-EP 1:3.5/50. Testing my new make-shift in-camera flash diffuser (seems to work fine). This is not stacked, and it's at f/3.5 because I didn't have enough initial lighting to find proper focus, so it's very shallow DOF. Because I was doing this hand-held, stopping down the aperture wasn't much of an option because the focus point would have shifted. I'll take some more with a better lighting setup.

Panasonic GH1 + Fujinon-EP 1:3.5/50

Brian Mosley

A wonderful day for a hike today, walked from below Kinder Reservoir all the way up and around the Kinder Scout plateau... unfortunately, the Kinder downfall was dry.

E-P2 + PL 14-150mm f3.5-5.6
1/800s f/8.0 at 14.0mm iso200

C&C Welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

Brian

seakayaker

A wonderful day for a hike today, walked from below Kinder Reservoir all the way up and around the Kinder Scout plateau... unfortunately, the Kinder downfall was dry.

Cheers

Brian
Beautiful shot, wonderful view!

. . . . . and a great demonstration that the legs are in fine shape! :D

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Brian Mosley

Thanks Dan, feet are a bit sore after that one! :D

One or two more from the trip...

1/1000s f/8.0 at 14.0mm iso200

1/1000s f/8.0 at 14.0mm iso200

1/1600s f/5.6 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

seakayaker

U District - Seattle

GF1 with Leitz (Canada) Elmarit 135mm f2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/1000 -- 135mm

. . . . . test shot of a Leitz (Canada) Elmarit 135mm f2.8 (m mount adaptor) on the GF1 outside of Jim's Camera in the U District.

I like the lens, focus was smooth, the color produced was very good and I like the images it produced. The down side, it weighs quite a bit and with the viewfinder permanently attached to the lens it gave a unique look to the GF1.

I recently picked up a Leica - Ernst Leitz Wetzlar - Hector 135mm f/4.5 (1960 era) and I don't need two 135mm lens. Nice to have choices . . . . . pass on it for today. . . . .

Having fun with the GF1!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~

JGH

Hi All,
Went for a walk and came across a strange thing right in the middle of the forest.....!! :confused:

Thanks J

Brian Mosley

Nice find J, thanks for sharing.

Dropped my iPhone last night... landed directly on it's screen, smashing it nicely. The amazing thing is, it still works!

E-PL1 + ZD 50mm f2 + 1.4x TC
1/50s f/4.0 at 70.0mm iso1600

Cheers

Brian

Godfrey

... Sometimes Dance Becomes Us

Olympus E-1 + ZD 11-22/2.8-3.5
ISO 100 @ f/5.6 @ 1/125 second, fl=11mm

comments always appreciated, thanks for looking!