The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

seakayaker

Nursery Dog

Seakayaker what a great shot. Beautiful dog, he has such an inquisitive face.
I take it he is chewing a ball and not the neighbours gerbil..?
Love the lens. I can only dream of owning a lens like that.

Thanks for sharing with us :thumbs:
J
Thanks for your kind words.

A very calm and friendly dog, I said hello so he stopped for a visit. Just bent over and snapped off a couple of shots.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

scho

Ithaca Falls taken with the G1-IR and Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon. Day after Cornell commencement so quite a few new grads with parents gathered there for a last look.

Brian Mosley

Ithaca Falls taken with the G1-IR and Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon. Day after Cornell commencement so quite a few new grads with parents gathered there for a last look.

Carl, this is breathtaking... just incredible!

Thanks for sharing :thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

Leica 77

Hi Carl,
It's simply gorgeous! Nice capture with your Contax G 28mm Biogon. Best, Leica 77. :)

photoSmart42

More adventures in nature. All taken with my 50mm enlarger lens with my home-made diffuser for fill light - worked great!

Panasonic GH1 + Fujinon-EP 1:3.5/50 @ f/11; ISO100 @1/160s

Yellow rose

Rock face

Bee hive entrance

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
"Star Ferry Between Kowloon and Hong Kong". GF1 + 20mm. :)
Leica - I love the atmosphere of this image, created by the B & W processing and the beautiful tones. Except for the content you could this is taken and processed in the fifties :thumbup::thumbup:

Keith

Leica 77

Leica - I love the atmosphere of this image, created by the B & W processing and the beautiful tones. Except for the content you could this is taken and processed in the fifties :thumbup::thumbup:

Keith
Hi Keith,
Many thanks for your kind comments. Star Ferries of Hong Kong seem to be timeless as well. They have not changed much since I first visited Hong Kong many years ago. New sky scrapers are still going up on both sides of the Hong Kong Harbor. Best regards, Leica 77. :)

Leica 77

Thank you Leica77. Lovely colors in your umbrella images.
Hi Carl,
It is great to hear from you. You must be enjoying the use of your Contax G lenses. For my recent travel to Indonesia, I had to limit the number of lenses to take with me as I was traveling to some remote villages. The only manual focus lens I took was a Contax Makro Planar. Others were all compact AF lenses. Best regards, Leica 77. :)

Brian Mosley

We went to the Botanical Gardens in Sheffield this afternoon... many opportunities there.

E-PL1 + ZD 50mm f2 + 1.4x TC
1/100s f/8.0 at 70.0mm iso1600

E-PL1 + ZD 50mm f2 + 1.4x TC
1/125s f/8.0 at 70.0mm iso1600

E-PL1 + ZD 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 Mk II
1/320s f/3.5 at 54.0mm iso200

E-P2 + 20mm f1.7
1/800s f/1.7 at 20.0mm iso200

C&C Welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

Brian

photoSmart42

Here's some I took the other day with my Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 lens. I'm very happy with it so far - nice bokeh, usable range, decent macro functionality.

Panasonic GH1 + Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 @ 210mm; f/11; 1/320s @ ISO 400

Panasonic GH1 + Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 @ ~180mm; f/5.6; 1/160s @ ISO 400

Panasonic GH1 + Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 @ 210mm MACRO; f/5.6; 1/125s @ ISO 100

seakayaker

Deception Pass Bridge

GF1 with Leica D Vario-Elmar Aspherical 14 - 50 mm f3.8 - 5.6 -- ISO 100 -- f/10 -- 1/60 -- 18mm

Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place

GF1 with Leica D Vario-Elmar Aspherical 14 - 50 mm f3.8 - 5.6 -- ISO 100 -- f/10 -- 1/20 -- 50mm

Photo taken from bridge deck.

Deception Pass Bridge span is 976 feet long, height from water to roadway is approximately 180 feet (depending on the tide)

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Leica 77

Deception Pass Bridge

GF1 with Leica D Vario-Elmar Aspherical 14 - 50 mm f3.8 - 5.6 -- ISO 100 -- f/10 -- 1/60 -- 18mm

Deception Pass Bridge span is 976 feet long, height from water to roadway is approximately 180 feet (depending on the tide)

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

It's simply beautiful! Best, Leica 77. :)

Peter Klein

Dan: Great shots of Deception Pass. Haven't been there in a couple of years, you just reminded me I have to get back there soon.

Leica77: The Indonesia shots are beautiful, I especially like the flower in the foreground with the girl in the bokeh.

Carl: The Ithica Falls IR picture just took my breath away. Yeah!

--Peter