The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

seakayaker

Violet Poppy

GF1 with Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar - Elmar 9cm f/4 -- ISO 100 -- f/4 -- 1/80 -- 9cm

Walk in the rain this morning . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Mike Woods

A couple from yesterday evening, E-P1 with 25mm Skopar:

And one from today, old barge, River Severn, Gloucestershire

Regards

Mike

Terry

You Never Know Who Is Going To Stop By For A Visit

I watched this ship dock outside my window and was trying to figure out where it is from. Turns out that I'm (LOL) playing host to a Russian missile cruiser on a friendly visit to San Francisco. Let's hope they've emptied out those missile chambers.

G2 Leica R 180mm elmarit

Annna T

Cardboard Sarah - Repbublican Party State Convention - Dallas, Texas - June 12, 2010

That cardboard Sarah is a real keeper. Congratulation Rick ! I like it a lot, both for its esthetical qualities and for the message it conveys about that woman; even the title of the image is perfect.

Leica 77

You Never Know Who Is Going To Stop By For A Visit
I watched this ship dock outside my window and was trying to figure out where it is from. Turns out that I'm (LOL) playing host to a Russian missile cruiser on a friendly visit to San Francisco. Let's hope they've emptied out those missile chambers.
G2 Leica R 180mm elmarit
Hi Terry,
What an unusual sight! The G2 + Leica R 180mm Elmarit seem like a winning combo. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

Brian Mosley

E-P2 + mZD 14-150mm f4-5.6
1/500s f/7.1 at 150.0mm iso200

1/640s f/7.1 at 150.0mm iso200

1/250s f/7.1 at 150.0mm iso200

1/250s f/7.1 at 150.0mm iso200

C&C Welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

Brian

C

compositor20

those are fantastic could you post some raw photos brian mosley... im waiting for a proper review but no one posts raw files with the e-p2 so that i can get a impression of it. to see if it is s sharper at 150mm and f8 with good subjects like you do in those phots that are amazing (i think i could extract more detail than the photo you have with lightroom and my presettings)

im ot registered in that site but you could post some

do you have some half body portrait i daylight or with flash (bounced or with some diffusor)

if i bought it will be my vacation all day lens and t take portraits (even though withou much background blur i know but at least they will pop because this les has spot on contrast not too much not too little and no veil/glare/haze like my m.zuiko 14-42 kit lens)

which are the focal lenghst yu think are the most fantastic?

from what i have see it must be 25mm or 45mm but at 14mm it is very good too wide open

thanks

Brian Mosley

Hi compositor,

if you e-mail me at brian.mosley@ the website in my signature then I'll be happy to send you raw files.

Cheers

Brian

seakayaker

Blue Flowers

GF1 with Carl Zeiss Jena MC Biometar 80mm f/2.8 -- ISO 100 -- f/2.8 -- 1/250 -- 80mm

Life is Grand!

Dan

~ ;)

biglouis

I was going to post this in the B&W thread but in truth, it is "fun with 4/3rds" because I went out to have fun shooting with my GF-1 and my CV Nokton 50/f1.5. This was one of the funner results.

seakayaker

6:26:35 AM
That is Sunshine!

Seattle -- Early Morning Marine Layer Burning Off

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/400 -- 5cm

. . . . . with the lack of a Spring season this year and with all the rain that we have had, that was one beautiful sight this morning!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Last edited:

seakayaker

6:27:20 PM
That is still sunshine!

The Intersection

GF1 with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm f/2 -- ISO 100 -- f/2 -- 1/800 -- 5cm

Twelve hours later and the sun is still out and it is warm!

Sitting having coffee with a friend at outdoor cafe, planned parenthood staff out side collecting signatures for something, biker waiting for light, women with child across the street, life at the intersection . . . . .

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

Brian Mosley

I was going to post this in the B&W thread but in truth, it is "fun with 4/3rds" because I went out to have fun shooting with my GF-1 and my CV Nokton 50/f1.5. This was one of the funner results.

Fabulous angle on a classic statue Louis, thanks for sharing... I couldn't resist either :)

E-P1 + mZD 17mm f2.8
1/100s f/2.8 at 17.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

biglouis

Dan, love that morning mist shot of Seattle.

Rafael, another great frog shot!

Brian, nice alternative framing of the meeting point statue.

LouisB